With the growth of the digital age businesses and organizations have had access to unprecedented amounts of data. In order to turn this data into a competitive advantage, businesses must develop effective methods to analyze and interpret vast amounts of information.Part business management and part data science, Data Analytics and Business Statistics is the key to developing methods that unlock the predictive potential of data.
Data Analytics and Business Statistics play an integral role in determining an organization’s overall strategic direction, and demand for this crucial set of skills is growing globally. The McKinsey Global Institute expects that demand for business people with deep analytical skills could outstrip current projections of supply by 50% to 60%.Graduated students can expect to play a greater role in decision making and strategy setting for their current or future organizations, adding significant value: studies show that businesses that understand how to interpret data outperform competitors by up to 20%.New England College’s MS in Data Analytics and Business Statistics will provide students with frameworks for critically looking at data, interpreting and visualizing data, and applying that knowledge in real-world applications that will shape how 21st-century business challenges are addressed.
Who Should Enroll
The MS in Data Analytics and Business Statistics degree is useful for anyone with a bachelor’s degree, with or without experience, wishing to prepare for the emerging global opportunities in data analytics and business statistics.
- 7 start times throughout the year.
- 10 classes/40 credits or 10 classes + Internship for 44 credits.
- Learn how to effectively leverage data for strategic decision making.
- Learn methods to evaluate data from acquisition, cleansing, warehousing and final analyses.
- Understand ways to leverage internet presence to harvest big data.
- Understand methodologies and tools for collecting data and designing databases.
- Proficiency in interpreting collected data using a variety of statistical tools.
- Execute real-time analytical methods on living datasets to quickly respond to a customers wants and needs.
Internship Track and Curricular Practical Training (CPT/Internships)
The Internship Track allows for the student to overlay the academic and theoretical study of Data Analytics and Business Statistics with practical experience in the field. Students have the means to apply academic concepts to solve real-world business problems.The Internship is designed for students to better understand the work expectations and individual organizational culture. Students and their Internship organization must be approved by the MS Data Analytics and Business Statistics Program Director prior to the start of the internship, and take an Internship course or courses. Internship courses have variable credit and are MG 5901 through MG5904. Internship credits that are earned are applied in addition to the 40 credits that are required for the MS-DA Program, for a maximum of 44 credits.
Students with F-1 visa status who wish to take part in the Internship Track should work closely with their International Student Advisors regarding the use of Curricular Practical Training (CPT). CPT authorization can only be issued after an internship agreement is completed, and this authorization is an important step to be sure that all off-campus employment is authorized and well-documented. Please contact your International Student Advisor with any questions.
Curriculum (40 credits/44 Credits with internships)
- CT 5610 Database Design
- CT 7610 Database Management
- CT 5320 Data Mining for the Intelligent Business
- MG 5500 Data-Driven Decision Making
- MG 6340 Applied Business Statistics I
- MG 6940 Applied Business Statistics II
- MG (course number pending) Statistical Modeling for Managers
- CT 5230 Cloud Computing Concepts
- MG (course number pending) Digital and Internet Marketing Analytics
- MG (course number pending) Capstone Project
- Data Analytics and Business Statistics Internship
About the School
New England College is a private, non-profit college, located in the quintessential New England town of Henniker, New Hampshire dedicated to providing an exceptional education for undergraduate, gradu ... Read More