Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
100% online. No GRE. Complete in one year. Expert faculty. Comprehensive curriculum.
About the program
The Lynn online Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree (MSCJ) is a perfect fit for those wanting to expand their knowledge of criminal justice theory and develop their critical thinking skills to advance in the field. Our expert faculty leverages their real-world experience in law enforcement, corrections, policy, and law to help students:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the criminal justice field
- Gain the analytical, technical, and communication skills necessary for future employment and/or post-graduate studies in public policy administration and criminal justice
- Understand the effects of diversity on the lives of people within the context of contemporary issues of justice
- Incorporate ethical decision making in criminal justice administration
Because many of our students currently work in law enforcement and may have non-traditional schedules, the master’s degree is offered entirely online and can be completed in as little as one year.
The program is an ideal fit for individuals from a broad range of educational backgrounds including criminal justice, psychology, sociology, and social work. They seek to expand their knowledge and skills to meet objectives that may include:
- Entering the field of criminal justice
- Being promoted to leadership positions within police departments
- Transitioning to a career in criminology, juvenile justice, corrections, or child protective services
- Teaching criminal justice at the community college level
Lynn University is committed to evolving as an institution, providing the best possible educational experience for its students using cutting-edge technologies. In pursuit of that goal, we're proud to offer each MSCJ student an iPad® upon enrollment.
Employing this technology enables Lynn to connect our students with a powerful learning tool, one they can use to complement their education and access a number of pre-loaded applications. Students can use the device to supplement their coursework with interactive apps, and access to the iPad's many functions and tools while on-the-go.
About Lynn University
Lynn University's vision is to be recognized as one of the most innovative, international, and individualized small universities in America. Lynn University will capitalize on its youth, location, and close student and faculty bonds to become a forerunner institution, a different kind of learning center, an independent, innovative 21st-century university that is devoted to preparing young persons for America's and the world's future.
To do so, Lynn will:
- Remain relatively small, with approximately 2,400 undergraduate and 600 graduate students, and 500 or more adults enrolled annually in continuing education courses and institutes.
- Maintain a multi‐faceted, coeducational, primarily residential university with a small‐college atmosphere.
- Admit a wide array of diverse students, from those with learning differences to the gifted, and those from many countries of the world and states across the nation.
- Be grounded in the liberal arts but contain a collection of colleges oriented toward emerging professional opportunities, each of which features superior teaching, applied learning, international focus and experiences.
- Contain a hallmark student development program that discerns each student's strengths, shortcomings, and special needs and works to develop his or her full capabilities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 6, 2018