Being one of the most recognized university in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL is offering a Master of Science in Construction Management degree (by Mix-mode). The Master of Science in Construction Management (M.Sc.C.M.) is designed for students with an undergraduate degree in a relative engineering discipline who wish to pursue a graduate degree. The Master of Science in Construction Management is designed to provide students with a formal qualification at the master’s level.
Master of Science in Construction Management program provides multi-disciplinary and high-quality university education in the field of Construction Management. Candidates will be trained with the technical and managerial knowledge and skills to:
- successfully plan, operate and manage construction projects; and
- advise and support authorities in decision-making and policy-making.
The general program objective is to educate professionals and scientists who contribute effectively to the development and management of Construction industry on both a local and global scale.
A combination of lectures, coursework and research enables the candidate to be exposed to advanced knowledge of construction technology and methods, construction management, project costing and at the same time to explore, research, and analyse in order to come up with the most effective framework for the success of the construction projects implementation and at the same time fully aware of the sustainability issues and commitment to them.
Career opportunities exist for a wide range of organizations including manufacturing construction companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
In the first year, students will acquire advanced knowledge on different Construction Management specializations as well as research methods.
In the second year, The students will be able to defend their thesis proposal from the first semester and finalize their thesis in the second semester.
In terms of academic pathways, IUKL (M.Sc.C.M.) provides students:
- Advanced knowledge of Construction Management modules;
- Advanced research methods and guidance to carry out their research;
- Continuous guidance throughout the research.
Upon graduation, the student has already acquired advanced knowledge mastery in one of the fields of civil engineering that can lay the foundation to upgrade their studies to Ph.D. level.
Year 1 (25 Credits)
- Research Methodology
- Value Management
- Risk Management and Construction*
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Concrete Technology*
- Management Theory and Organisational Behavior
- The Economic of Construction Industry*
- Construction Management
- Financial Management
Year 2 (Six Month - 20 Credits)
- Dissertation (Cont.)
- Tuition Fees RM28,800.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM70.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM29,200.00
- Tuition Fees RM29,280.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM360.00/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM36,100.00
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field from any Malaysian government-accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.75 and above.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.5 and above may apply to the program pending internal assessment by the faculty.
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course.
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
Malaysian Quality Assurance (MQA) (Provisional).
Graduate Research Assistantship, GRA.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 5, 2018