- Credits: 30-credit program (full or part-time)
- Program Length: 18 months
- Start Dates: Rolling Admissions
- Instructional Method: Hybrid (face-to-face classes with an online component), as well as some offerings online.
Acquire the fundamental knowledge and best practice methodologies to position yourself for success in high-level IT administration and software engineering. MSCS graduates are well prepared for positions around the industry, including positions in government agencies, technology companies, and research institutions.
You will learn from expert faculty who are involved in developing applications and research in the field. The MSCS program fills a persistent need for system analysts, web and mobile application developers and big data specialists.
MSCS Program Options and Features
- Complete the program in as little as 18 months.
- Experience small classes and close interaction with faculty in both hybrid (combination of online and classroom learning) and online delivery methods.
- 30-credit program delivered in 16-week semesters.
- Classes are held in the evening during the week: 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Many advanced electives – choose from a wide variety of specializations in today’s computer science field.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and apply the knowledge of design and analysis of computer algorithms and data structures.
- Apply advanced concepts related to discipline coursework to solve theoretical or applied problems.
- Learn to discuss issues, trends, and solutions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Gain practical experiences and skills needed to work successfully as a team.
- Completion of undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field with an overall 2.75 GPA or higher and a 3.0 or higher in the major.
- Non-technical undergraduate degree candidates will be considered for conditional matriculation on a case-by-case basis. Prerequisite courses may be required.
- Personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores*.
- $40 application fee.
*The GRE requirement may be waived for students who have more than five years professional experience. Waivers will be based on a candidate’s academic record, personal statement and a work history that reflects growth and increased responsibility. This determination is made on an individual basis by graduate faculty from the School of Arts & Sciences.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 10, 2018