The Master of Science in Computer Science is centered on Data Science & Engineering.
The backbone of the program is constituted by three core units on advanced data management, machine learning, and high-performance computing. Leveraging on the expertise of our faculty, the rest of the program is organized into four tracks: Business Intelligence, Health & Life Sciences, Pervasive Computing, and Visual Computing.
Learning by doing
The program blends traditional classes with:
- Labs activities and projects development, possibly in collaboration with the industry
- Internship in the industry or in a research lab
- seminars and short courses on selected topics
Graduates qualify as a senior data scientist, senior computer scientist, or pursue studies toward a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
What you will learn
Advanced data management: Manage and organize a large amount of heterogeneous data.
Machine learning: Extract information and new knowledge from data.
High-performance computing: Develop algorithms for parallel and distributed computing.
Data visualization: Visualize and make use of the information extracted from data.
Security and privacy: Data protection and privacy.
Internet of things: Data governance in the interconnected world.
Business analytics: boost performances and enterprise planning with data.
Visual computing: Process signals and infer knowledge from images and 3D data.
Biomedical data science: Process signals and infer knowledge from biomedical data.
Data as an opportunity
We are witnessing the acquisition of an unprecedented amount of digital data available to virtually all human endeavors. Technologies based on the intelligent use of these data will be increasingly pervasive and likely to lead to great changes in our everyday life.
The know-how and competence required to effectively manage and analyze data are pivotal in the development of technologies able to support experts in the process of decision making or to improve the quality of life by producing smarter and smarter systems or by delivering better services.
Data science and engineering
You will learn:
- data modeling and knowledge extraction
- heterogeneous, complex and noisy data analytics
- how to interact with domain experts and understand their problems and demands
- Degree type: Master of Science
- Duration and credits: 2 Years / 120 CFU
- Class: LM-18 Informatica
- Admission: Free access
- Sede: Genova
- Teaching language: English
- Teaching mode: Lectures
- Taxes and fees: From 0 to 3000 euros per year. Find out if you are entitled to scholarships and exemptions
- International partnerships: Student exchange
- Head of the program: Alessandro Verri
Learn more here