The CSE program combines the study of high-level engineering (high-performance computing, cutting-edge modelling software) with the in-depth teaching of computational science foundations. Our graduates will gain a combination of deep knowledge of scientific computing and hands-on engineering skills (software, algorithms, tools, etc.)
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Application deadline: June 16, 2018
- Tuition fees: no tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
- Language: English
- Location: Moscow, Russia
A successful graduate of the program will know:
- Mathematical and algorithmic foundations of Computational Science & Engineering
- Main methodological aspects of both scientific research and application development in Computational Science and Engineering
- State of the art techniques of scientific computing, including parallel programming and High-Performance Computing (HPC)
and will be able to:
- Identify, formalize and solve outstanding computational problems in real-world applications
- Apply relevant software tools, computer languages, data models and computational environments for modelling and visualization
- Understand and formulate new models of complex systems arising in natural and social sciences and engineering
- Contribute to the development of the next-generation scientific computing software competitive with or superior to the existing examples of software in critical and emerging application fields (such as oil and gas, material design, Big Data, aerospace, and pharmacology).
The 2-year (120 ECTS-credits) program comprises compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, wide set of elective courses (depending on research and professional needs of the student), entrepreneurship and innovation component, research activity and 8 weeks of industrial immersion.
- Knowledge and skills: Calculus, Ordinary and partial differential equations, Linear Algebra, General Physics, Programming skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Mechanics, Material Science, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- English language: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency
Applications are accepted until June 16, 2018, inclusive.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 20, 2018