Our programme stimulates independent, critical, and creative minds. Insights and perspectives from disciplines such as media and communication studies, linguistics, organization and management research, and sociology allow you to develop a comprehensive understanding of communication as a vibrant field of research and practice.
Through courses and student-driven activities, we bring people from all over the world with different professional and educational backgrounds together to create something that is bigger than the sum of its parts.
About the programme
The increasingly globalized, digitalized, and specialized society we live in today poses a number of complex challenges: fostering inclusion, equality and diversity in fast-changing work environments, ensuring and strengthening mental wellbeing in the light of online harassment and information overload, or for example listening and being heard in an arena of many competing voices. Communication is key in meeting challenges. Our programme empowers you to grow as an independent, critical researcher and skilled professional, able to navigate the intricate dimensions of intercultural, organizational, and digital communication.
The Master's Programme is taught in English and encourages applications from students all over the world.
A Bachelor's degree of 180 credits or corresponding. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
All students who apply for the programme, and meet the entry requirements, compete with one another for the places that are available. The selection of eligable applicants is based upon a Statement of Intent, that all applicants must submit according to the instructions below.
Statement of Intent
The Statement of Intent should be uploaded at universityadmission.se. The Statement of Intent should display your motivation and objectives for studying the programme Master in Communication at the Department of Applied IT.
Emphasis should be placed on the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to apply to the programme Master in Communication?
- How would studying the programme Master in Communication further develop your academic and professional profile as well as support your future career?
- How would you as a student contribute to the programme Master in Communication?
In addition, please note the following:
- Your document should have the headline "Statement of Intent. Master in Communication".
- Include your name and e-mail address.
- Your Statement of Intent has to be submitted in English.
- The text must not exceed 4000 characters (including spaces, but excluding headline, name and e-mail address). Documents exceeding 4000 characters will not be considered. Please indicate the number of characters in your letter.
Graduates receive the degree Master of Science in Communication.
You will be prepared for a career in the private or public sector, non-profit organizations, and communications agencies in a variety of fields, including public relations, international sales and marketing, media and journalism, management consulting, human resources and mediation, and communication training. You may also pursue a career in academia through PhD studies.
Alumni work at places such as Volvo, Ericsson, AstraZeneca, Doctors Without Borders, and the United Nations, with the following job titles and descriptions, among others:
- labour relations strategist
- HR consultant
- digital communication consultant
- social media content manager
- communications officer
- campaign strategist
- media relations
- marketing coordinator
About the School
The Department of Applied Information Technologyoffers education and counducts research within the areas of information technology, informatics, learning, cognitive science and communication. Both res ... Read More