The Master of Science in Communication Management conducted by Singapore Management University (SMU) is South-East Asia’s only university degree in corporate communication.
In the programme, communication professionals will learn to:
- Learn how communication contributes to shaping strategic management by understanding the business functions of finance, strategy, marketing and accounting.
- Learn to analyse key strategic communication and management issues facing organisations.
- Learn to make data-based decisions by using data analytics and the latest scientific evidence.
- Manage communication with diverse stakeholders and across different media platforms.
Highlight of Courses
- Choose between a 12-month full-time programme for students committed to the curriculum, or a 15-month part-time programme to accommodate working professionals.
- Develops leaders who can play a strategic communication role in organisations and manage communication across culture and media.
- Taught by world-class faculty.
- Interact with leading corporate communication practitioners.
- Anchored in business foundations and linked to strategy.
The Master of Science in Communication Management Programme welcomes students who fulfil the following admission requirements to join us.
- A good bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in any field of study.
- A good score in the SMU Admission Test or GMAT/GRE* (Please click here to view the SMU Admission Test Factsheet).
- Minimum working experience (post-Bachelor's degree) of 3 years (part-time track) or 2 years (full-time track).
- A good TOEFL/IELTS score is required if your degree was not taught in English.
*We will accept good undergraduate GPAs from SMU in place of the admissions test requirement. Speak with your Admissions Manager to find out more.
The part-time track of the MCM programme is open to all Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. It is also open to international students who hold a valid Employment Pass (EP) or Dependant's Pass (DP), and do not require a student visa.
The full-time track of the MCM programme will provide student visas for international students who wish to pursue their studies in Singapore without other employment.
Admission interviews will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- Application: S$100
- Registration Fee:
- S$400 (Locals/ PRs)/S$500 (International Students)
- Tuition: S$46,010 (inclusive of GST)
About the School
A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching. Established in 2000, SMU’s mission is