Master of Science in Cloud Computing program offers students both theory and practice so that the students can understand and implement cloud-based applications. The course will, along with the valuable academic qualification, provide you with the latest knowledge and competencies required by one of the fastest growing global industry - cloud computing. Cloud Computing offers also scalable computing resources on demand, providing solutions and challenges for science and business. Amongst others, the opportunities include a low-cost entry point for small companies, more economical use of computing resources and the capability of handling very large data sets. Challenges for practitioners include the design and use of algorithms, the design and implementation of suitable architecture and understanding of risks and opportunities. The MSc in Cloud Computing will provide a sound understanding of designing, analyzing and engineering of systems for handling big data in a distributed environment based on dynamically scalable architectures.
The program consists of the following core and specialized subjects:
- Information Systems Modeling and Analysis
- Distributed Processing
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Advanced Object-Oriented Design
- Advanced Database Systems
- Data Mining
- Mobile Systems
- Foundations of Management
- Specialized Internship
- Diploma Seminars
- AWS Academy Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing examples of deployments
- Cloud Computing in the content of Microsoft Azure
- Agile Project Management Methodologies
In order to sign up for one of the offered specializations please go to our online recruitment process:
- scan/copy of the Bachelor degree Diploma/Certificate in the field of computer science or related field
- apostille/legalization of the Bachelor diploma (if applicable)
- certificate proving your knowledge language skills (for the list of accepted certificates, please go to our website). Please note: no certificate is required if the language of instruction during your Bachelor studies was English
- 2 passport size photographs (to be submitted in person to the Students' Office before the beginning of the academic year)
- medical certificate proving there are no contraindications to study computer science (to be submitted in person before the beginning of the academic year)
- A copy of a valid visa or residence card (to be submitted as soon as possible after receiving)
- student health insurance for the period of study (to be submitted in person before the beginning of the academic year)
- Certified translations into English of any of the above documents if the original is in a language different than English.
General Information about the structure of the course
MSc in Cloud Computing course offered by our School runs for two full years (4 semesters). We are offering the course in a full-time and part-time mode but classes will be organized in the evenings (from 4:15 pm to 9:30 pm) on weekly days for full-time students so that students are able to find employment/internships in Poland. Students with full-time student status DO NOT need a work permit in Poland. Part-time students will be studying also evenings during the week and weekends (day hours) - every second week.
There are two semesters a year and within each semester students take a number of subjects with varied credits. Our curriculum is created in such a way that at the end of year one of the studies students are expected to gain 153 ECTS for the MSc in Cloud Computing.
The winter semester runs from October to mid-February (with winter examination session in the second half of January and February).
The summer semester runs from mid-February to the end of June with the summer examination session in the second half of June.
Students have a chance to re-sit failed examinations in two additional examination sessions.
There are two short term holidays during the academic year: Christmas and New Year break (1 or 2 weeks) and Easter break (1 week). There is a long summer break from the beginning of July to the end of September.
A detailed calendar will be available two weeks prior to the Academic Year 2019/2020 official Opening Ceremony.
About the School
Our School is one of the most dynamically developing private universities which is also unique due to the fact that we offer studies in one and only field of science – computer science!