Clinical Health Psychology aims to educate a competent psychologist with solid knowledge and skills in health promotion, rehabilitation and helping people with disorders threw the psychological methods and procedures. Students learn and practice psychological counseling and psychological evaluation in various health disorders, improve communication and collaboration with other health care specialists.
Moreover, students have the chance to choose one of the 5 possible specializations: Onco-psychology, Neuropsychology, Children and family psychology, Rehabilitation psychology, Addiction psychology.
- Clinical Health Psychology
- 2 years
- MSc in Social Sciences
- 120 ECTS credits
- 4,500 EUR per year
- Taught in English
Wokandapix / Pixabay
After graduation, you can
- Work as a psychologist or in supervised practice in health care or other fields according to the national requirements;
- Work as a research psychologist in University or Government agency;
- Work in the projects;
- Continue your education in Doctoral programs;
- Work in health, social, educational and organizational sectors.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Behavior, stress, and health, Psychological counseling in health care, Clinical psychological evaluation I, Research in clinical health psychology, Specialization in health psychology, Psychotherapy and psychopharmacotherapy, Clinical psychological evaluation II, Specialization in health psychology, Planning and management of mental health projects.
- Years 2: Internship, Master thesis.
Why study Clinical Health Psychology at LSMU?
- Degree recognized in the EU. The program is prepared according to the EuroPsy requirements.
- This program especially meets the needs of the students who want to proceed with their career in the health care sector, work with a health care team.
- University provides opportunities to develop practical skills in various healthcare areas as well as in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- University provides a variety of laboratories and equipment for experiments in psychology and neurosciences as well as an opportunity to implement innovative ideas in the Centre of Psychological Well-being and Health Education.
- The multicultural environment of 70 countries makes up more than 17 % of the total student population at LSMU.
- Possibility to go for an internship in another country.
- Possibility to spend a semester abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Support system for student’s adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam). Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"I love studying medicine and I am very grateful to the LSMU for giving me an opportunity to do that. It has been a great ride so far. I enjoy interacting with the dedicated staff and a truly special group of students. I also love sushi and there are about 10 different sushi restaurants in Kaunas. I am very happy to be able to talk to prospective applicants and provide any information I can!" - Kiefer Trenholm-Jensen
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More