The master course "Chemistry and Physics of Functional Materials" enables graduates of the bachelor program "Applied Natural Sciences" and similar study courses of other faculties at German and international universities to work in research in the fields of chemistry, physics, and material sciences. The program addresses students with interest in doing research with functional materials. Based on the chemical and physical knowledge of the bachelor program a more comprehensive understanding of the relations between composition and structure of the materials on the one hand and their chemical and physical characteristics, on the other hand, is given. The master program provides the qualifications required for a consequent Ph.D. program or enables the graduates to take up responsible positions in research and development in industry or research institutes.
- Synthesis and Characterization of functional materials
- Electives allow for setting an individual focus
- Lectures will also be held in English (restricted choices)
- Possibility of studying a term abroad
- B. Sc. in Applied Natural Sciences at Universität Koblenz-Landau or equivalent degree (final grade 2,5 or better)
- The board of examiners decides on any exceptions on the basis of applications submitted.
- Exceptions in this regard are a bachelor thesis with the grade 1,5 or better or professional experience of at least 1 year in the field of chemistry and physics of functional materials.
- Knowledge of English equivalent to CEF B2 level is required.
Winter and Summer term
- Deadline for International Applications via Uniassist: January 15th and June/July 15th
- Deadline for German Applications: March 31th and September 30th
Program taught in:
See 4 more programs offered by University of Koblenz-Landau »
This course is