The First Programme in Hong Kong with a Teaching Medium in Chinese with the focus on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Pioneering Programme in Hong Kong
MScBIE is the first master’s degree programme in Hong Kong with a teaching medium in Chinese with the focus on both business innovation and entrepreneurship. The main purpose of the Programme is to allow students a better understanding of the policies, processes, rules and development of innovation and entrepreneurship in Mainland China.
Covering Different Aspects of Entrepreneurship
This Programme aims to equip students with an understanding of the technological, social, legal and financial aspects of entrepreneurship and the competency in applying the knowledge. The Programme also aims to enable the student to gain an understanding of the essential concepts and theories underpinning innovation, and critically analyze issues and key success factors pertaining to innovation development and sustainability.
This Programme offers a whole-year Capstone Project, which provides students with the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills, and practice how to make plans for new business development. This project will cooperate with various companies with the aim to provide a business environment that can cultivate students’ innovative and critical thinking ability.
- Medium of Instruction: Putonghua
- Mode of Study: Full-time
- Programme Duration: Normal - 1 year
- Credits Required: 30 Credits
- Modules Required: 6 core courses (21 credits) and 3 Electives courses (9 credits)
- Strategic Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Innovation and New Product Development (3 credits)
- Global Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Venture Capital and Private Equity for Start-ups (3 credits)
- Legal Aspects and Intellectual Property for Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Capstone Project (6 credits)
- Big Data Marketing (3 credits)
- Entrepreneurship Mindset and Actions (3 credits)
- e-Business Models and Start-ups (3 credits)
- Accounting for Entrepreneurs (3 credits)
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) for Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- Negotiation and Communication (3 credits)
Complete 6 core courses (21 credits) and 3 elective courses (9 credits) to obtain 30 credits and achieve a minimum CGPA of 2.67.
- Hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized tertiary institution or have equivalent experiences and qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- An applicant whose undergraduate degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country should meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement below:
- TOEFL - minimum acceptable score of 523 (paper-based test) or 60 (internet-based test); or
- IELTS - minimum acceptable score of 6.0; or
- Applicants who do not fulfil the above language requirements but have an equivalent score in a recognized test, or an equivalent qualification assessment to prove their language proficiency will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Local students: HKD180,000/programme
Non-local students: HKD180,000/programme
Government Student Financial Assistance
Local students are eligible for applying the Extended Non-means Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS). For eligibility and details, please visit the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency's website.
Scholarships might be considered for outstanding students based on academic merit. All students admitted to the Programme will be automatically qualified for the award of scholarships.
About the School
Lingnan University is the liberal arts university in Hong Kong and we have the longest established tradition among the local institutions of higher education. Our history can be dated back to 1888, wh ... Read More