The Master program Business Informatics („Wirtschaftsinformatik“) is designed as a consecutive master program for students who have achieved a Bachelor’s degree either in Computer Science (with Economics as application focus) or Economics (with an IT-oriented focus). In a build-up phase, basic knowledge in Computer Science or Economics is provided to guarantee sufficient knowledge in both areas.
Advanced courses in Business Informatics, Computer science or Management are chosen in the second phase of the program. Specialization areas include Information Systems, Simulation, Artificial Intelligence, E-Business, Process and Supply Chain Management, E-Finance. It is obligatory for students to take part in a project seminar (or a seminar and a practical course) within the program. The last component of the program is a Master Thesis.
- Bachelor’s degree either in Computer Science (with Economics as application focus) or Economics (with an IT-oriented focus) or comparable degree.
- Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
Applicants currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program for Computer Science can be admitted provisionally on the basis of a preliminary transcript of records, provided that they have:
- at least 80% of the required for the bachelor's degree CP (normally 144 credit points) in Computer Science with an average grade of 2,6 or better, and
- have already finished the Bachelor’s thesis, or if the thesis is about to be finished and the tutor has written a letter of recommendation; additionally, a proof from the examination office stating that you have registered or already submitted your bachelor thesis (if this is NOT stated in the transcript of records),
- sufficient basic knowledge of economics, computer science, and mathematics.
Provisional admission is valid for 6 months.
Mode of admission
Admission is restricted.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018