The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program seeks to educate new cohorts of business leaders who will contribute to the socio-economic development of the emirate of Abu Dhabi. The program contributes to several of the seven areas of ongoing economic policy of Vision 2030, especially to ‘build an open, efficient, effective and globally integrated business environment’, ‘develop a highly skilled, highly productive workforce’, and ‘drive significant improvement in the efficiency of the labor market’.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program is designed specifically for students wishing to develop their analytics skills and solve business problems by using analytical tools and methods. The program will enable professionals to develop or enhance their skills in managing business issues in the context of large datasets. This program will benefit business and IT professionals in a range of sectors such as finance and consulting, logistics, marketing, and healthcare.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program successfully will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues in Business Analytics.
- Compile and manage large data sets within organizational contexts.
- Integrate, analyze and evaluate new and/or abstract data and situations, using a wide range of appropriate technologies and transform such data and concepts into options and solutions.
- Apply a critical selection of appropriate research instruments and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to interrogate large data sets.
- Appraise the application of business analytics in solving business issues.
Employ independent learning strategies to update own knowledge in the field of business analytics and keep pace with innovations, trends, and standards in the discipline.
Accreditation and Affiliation
The program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs through the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA).
Mode of Delivery
The proposed MSBA program will be offered in a traditional face-to-face teaching mode. The MSBA program is 33 credit hours consisting of eleven (11) courses, with each course worth 3 credits. Students may undertake the program on either a full-time or part-time basis. The delivery of each course is designed to allow students to actively engage with the material and critically reflect on the content. Courses will be delivered over a 10-week term and the academic year will be divided into 4 terms on a quarterly basis (typically beginning in September, January, March, and June of each year). The classes will consist of 45 contact hours divided between lectures (30 hours) and tutorial labs (15 hours).
Length of Program
Students may undertake the program on either a full-time or part-time basis. Students will be able to complete the program in 12 months by taking two or three courses in each term.
To be admitted into the Master of Science Business Analytics (MSBA) program, students are required to have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Business, or a quantitative social science with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA from an accredited college or university. An English Requirement must also be fulfilled according to standards set by the Commission for Academic Accreditation. Typically this entails a TOEFL score of 550 or equivalent.
Applicants must submit a completed and signed application form with the required documents listed below and pay the nonrefundable application fees as described on the ADSM website.
- Completed Graduate Student Application;
- Attested Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Business, or a quantitative social science;
- Official college or university transcript from all institutions of higher education attended, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- A TOEFL score of 550 (CBT 213, iBT 80), or its equivalent in a standardized English test, e.g. 6.0 IELTS or another standardized, an internationally recognized test that is approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation;
- Copy of valid passport and visa (if applicable) and 5 passport photos;
- Non-refundable application fee.
A limited number of applicants may be granted conditional admission based on the following criteria:
- Achieved a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 – 2.99 on a 4.0 scale, or established equivalent, in a recognized undergraduate degree in a discipline appropriate for the program for which the applicant is applying; or,
- Achieved a 530 TOEFL (or its equivalent).
Eligibility for Graduation
In order to be eligible for an MSBA program at ADSM, a student must:
- Satisfactorily complete a minimum of 33 credit hours of coursework for a Master of Science degree program including all core courses and the Capstone Report.
- Attain a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average on all credit earned at the School, based on a 4.00 scale;
- Not possess any missing grades or “Incompletes;”
- Fulfill all other requirements of the program as enumerated in Grading and Assessment Policy and the Academic Progress Policy;
- Be in good standing with all ADSM regulatory elements as spelled out in the School’s policies; and,
- Not have any financial obligations or other outstanding administrative requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2018