The MSBA Program at UCO provides a learning experience that equips students with the analytic and business skills needed to make strategic business decisions.
Earn your Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) at UCO
Businesses generate or collect enormous amounts of data about their business processes, operations, customers, employees, suppliers and competitors ─ this is referred to as big data.
Business Analytics involves accumulating, processing and analyzing this data to inform business decision making.
Your MSBA Degree can help you identify:
- market or product trends.
- ways to raise customer satisfaction.
- new opportunities to create a competitive advantage.
- new avenues to increase operational efficiency.
The MSBA Program is a STEM designated major at the University of Central Oklahoma that will equip each graduate with data analysis skills and business knowledge for great business decision making.
MSBA Program Courses Include:
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Managing Analytics
- Spreadsheet Modeling
- Managerial Finance
- Managerial and Operational Analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Programming for Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Database Foundation for Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Applied Analytics
- Advanced Applied Analytics
MSBA Program Goals
The goals for graduates of this M.S. in Business Analytics program are:
- The ability to understand, manage and improve analytics processes within a business.
- The ability to identify appropriate big data technologies to support analytics goals within a business.
- The ability to create and present a professional, meaningful representation of business data.
- The ability to determine the best analysis model to apply for a variety of business cases covering multiple disciplines and industries.
- The ability to write and present a business proposal based on data analysis of a real-world business case.
Any student who meets the minimum admission requirements is encouraged to submit an application.
Minimum Admission Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Overall minimum GPA of 2.75.
Applicants should be aware that admission is competitive and meeting the admission requirements alone does not guarantee admission.
Required Documents for Applying to the MSBA Program
- Application for UCO Graduate Admission.
- A letter of application expressing the applicant’s interest in the program.
- A 500-word personal statement.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted.
- Current resume.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
The University of Central Oklahoma is committed to providing affordable tuition to our students and their families from all over the world. UCO recognizes and rewards student achievements by offering scholarships and awards on the basis of academic merit, talent in the fine arts or athletics. Other awards are based upon financial need. Students may qualify for both types of awards.
On-campus employment is also available to assist international students with their cost of living. International students may apply for on-campus jobs and work up to 20 hours per week after they arrive. On-campus employment is not guaranteed.
- For a full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Freshman students, please Click here.
- For a full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Transfer students, please Click here.
- For a full list of Scholarships available to Graduate students, please Click here.
Please note that applying for most of these scholarships does not require any action from a student. Scholarship decision is made by an Admission's Advisor based on your academic and English proficiency scores. The exceptions are President's Leadership Council, Leaders of Tomorrow Council and Legacy Non-Resident Waiver Scholarships.
- Leadership Scholarship - $400 (one-time award).
- Each Spring semester, several applicants will be awarded pending funding by the administration. The elected ISC President will be awarded $1000.00 each Spring and Fall semester.
- International Pageant Scholarship - Scholarship amounts are granted each Spring for the top three winners of the male and female category.
- Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Scholarship - up to $1,000 (one-time award). The scholarship is awarded to students based on their GPA and leadership involvement while studying at UCO.
- For a list of other scholarship opportunities, please refer to UCO Scholarships and UCO Scholarship Application Utility.
*In most cases, scholarships are stackable but may not exceed the cost of tuition.
The McKinsey Global Institute stated in 2011 that by 2018 the United States could face a serious shortage of managers and analysts with the skills needed to use big data to inform and make effective decisions.
Data-savvy managers are needed to pose the right analysis questions, interpret and challenge the results, then make the appropriate business decisions. The MSBA program will engage our students in practical, hands-on and transformative learning experiences with real-world data.
This degree is categorized as a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) designated degree program per federal government categories (USCIS STEM). The degrees enumerated in the expanded STEM designation list qualify for a 17-month optional practical training (OPT) extension for F-1 nonimmigrant students (USCIS F1).
Cost & Fees
- Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour $268.75
- Non-Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour $396.00
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2018