A Master’s Degree in Big Data and Business Analytics Opens Doors!
The goal of this program is to provide the students with key competencies in Big Data and Business Analytics. This international program is taught in English and is designed to bring students from a variety of backgrounds and cultures together to facilitate cross-cultural learning experiences.
The curriculum includes a wide range of modules, such as Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Management, Data Story Telling and Communication, Privacy, Ethics and International Law. The aim of the Big Data and Business Analytics course is to learn to formulate the right questions that arise from a specific company context, to identify and analyze the required data, and finally to relay the analysis results back to the company in a target-oriented fashion. Modules taking place at regular intervals are combined with online e-learning based on live chats and self-paced e-learning.
The theoretical knowledge gained is applied and enhanced in a case study which becomes increasingly complex with each semester. To accommodate the flexibility requirements of working professionals, classroom teaching modules taking place at regular intervals over a weekend are combined with online e-learning based on live chats and self-paced e-learning.
All Facts at a Glance
- Duration of Study: 2 years 90 ECTS (extra-occupational) / 120 ECTS (full-time)
- Start: 1st of April and 1 st of October
- Recognized bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS for full-time, or 210 ECTS for part-time) in computer science or related fields and a minimum of 1 year qualified and subject-relevant professional experience.
- Course language: English, Proof of English: IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 80 or other proof of English proficiency
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 790 EUR per month (full-time), 720 EUR per month (part-time)
- One-time registration fee of 750 EUR or 1,000 EUR for applicants from countries with visa obligations.
Structure of the Master Program
The program is organized in modules with an overall workload of 120 credit points for full-time and 90 for part-time studies. The course is comprised of lectures, seminars, tutorials, and interdisciplinary project work.
The table is an overview of the program’s general structure, October start, 2 years program. We are offering an April start with a similar structure.
The study course is oriented towards all company specialists and executives with responsibility for establishing new spheres of application and for project planning and implementation in the field of big data and business analytics, such as:
- Specialists with a (business) informatics, mathematics or engineering degree who wish to extend their knowledge in the field of business analytics and/or big data analytics and to take on personal responsibility for the planning and coordination of big data projects.
- Business analysts or specialists who work in the wider sphere of "business intelligence" and wish to extend their knowledge in the field of big data engineering, big data management and/or big data analytics and to take on responsibility for the planning and coordination of big data projects.
How to Apply
Our master’s program in informatics starts every year on April 1st and October 1st. We look forward to receiving your application, which should include:
- A CV with current photo
- Proof of English: IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 80 or other proof of English proficiency
- Certified copy of Credentials (e.g. High School Transcripts, University Transcripts, Language tests)
- Proof of work experience
In Brief: The Plus for You
The contents of the course address the current and future needs of all modern industries using information systems – from business to consumer applications. The CORE principle ensures a high level of knowledge, competencies, expertise and key skills.
You finish your studies with a "Master of Science" degree. This enables you not only to do a doctorate or access the higher grades of Civil Services – but it also opens up attractive, worldwide and diversified fields of activity in companies.
Business behavior that respects cultural differences, knowledge of international business relations and markets, proficiency in two foreign languages – we help you become globally mobile.
Big Data and Business Analytics at SRH University Heidelberg
About the School
As one of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany, we set the standard for education. We equip you with the knowledge you need for your future – hands-on, innovative and creative. For t ... Read More