School of Information, Media, and Design
To lay the foundation for digital transformation within companies, the businesses of tomorrow will need creative minds that can use data to generate knowledge. Big data analytics – which goes far beyond simple data analysis – will be essential to solving the economic challenges of the future. New business segments and digital business models call for a combination of analytical expertise, entrepreneurial mindset, and communication skills.
As a Big Data Scientist, you initiate and manage companies’ big data projects. Furthermore, you leverage your business expertise and creative methodologies to drive innovations, develop new business fields, and create new business models. Applying your analytical and creative skills, you cultivate new application scenarios for your company and create lasting value.
Facts at a glance
- Full-time program
- Course language: 100% English
- Subject-oriented 5-Week courses
- Activating teaching and learning methods
- Practical relevance - real case studies and classes taught by experts
- The program stays on the cutting edge with the support of a business council, which includes members from IBM, Rhenag, SAP, SAS, the City of Heidelberg and Telekom
- Full-time Program or Part-Time Weekend Program – note that part-time studies will have different admission requirements*
- Big data analytics: data mining, text mining, predictive analytics, machine learning
- Data engineering (NoSQL databases, Hadoop, cloud computing, in-memory computing)
- Data management (data modeling, data curation, data cleansing)
- Data protection, ethics, and international law
- Data storytelling and communication (visualization, infographics, dashboards)
- Methodologies (design thinking, project management, presentation techniques & rhetoric)
- Big data programming
Admission requirements* (for Full Time Program)
- Bachelor‘s degree (180 CP) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related subject - such as Mathematics or Business.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience in the field of IT, Marketing, Logistics, Production or Finance.
- English proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 or other proof of English proficiency.
Program start, duration & credit points
- Biannually, April 1st and October 1st
- 24 months (120 ECTS)
- 790 EUR per month
- a one-time registration fee of 750 EUR or 1.000 EUR for applicants from countries with visa obligations.
About the School
As one of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany, we set the standard for education. We equip you with the knowledge you need for your future – hands-on, innovative and creative. For t ... Read More