The program is established with a focus on development and implementation of new simulation-driven design and manufacturing paradigms for the development of advanced materials, structures, and engineering systems with enhanced lifecycle, mechanical and physical characteristics demanded in high-tech industries. The program is created to prepare the next generation of researchers, engineers, and practitioners to assume a role of technical leadership in research and innovation of high-tech sector.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
Our graduates will have:
- fundamental knowledge in mechanics, micromechanics, and physics of advanced manufacturing and materials
- deep understanding of modern technological methods and tools, information technology-based manufacturing and product development practices
- ability to apply information technology, mathematics, mechanics, physics, and material science in engineering practice and research in advanced manufacturing and materials
- vision for the creation of new technologies, design and development of sustainable systems, and development of novel materials
- ability to apply simulation-driven product development paradigm in engineering system design
- ability to work with technical literature (e.g. conduct bibliographical research, read and critically analyze scientific articles, use scientific metrics and engineering documentation)
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Knowledge and skills: Successful candidates must have solid knowledge of Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Mechanics, Material Science, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)