The all-English Master of Science in Advanced Manufacturing Systems (AMS) at CCU is a newly established master program run by College of Engineering and created by the joint efforts among faculty members of Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dept. of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Dept. of Communications Engineering, graduate institute of Opto-Mechatronics, and Advanced Institute of Manufacturing with High-tech Innovations (AIM-HI).
Advanced manufacturing has been the foundation of many important industries in Taiwan, including electronics, optoelectronics, biomedicine, and green energy, to name just a few. As the campus of CCU is closed to the Precision Machinery Technology Corridor in western Taiwan, the AMS program will play a leading role in fostering and promoting advanced manufacturing technologies.
The curriculum design of this degree program will combine theory and practice. The theoretical part contains "Precision Machine Design", "Design and Analysis of machine tool systems" and other important courses.
Practical parts contain industrial visit, Industry-academia cooperation, and internships and we also invite professional specialist faculty to give lectures to enhance the relationship between school and industries and to make the school courses more favorable for industry’s need.
Eligibility to Graduate
- 26 credits (including 2 credits for required courses and 24 credits for elective courses),
- Research Ethics Education,
- An oral defense,
- A research thesis or dissertation.
- Seminar I
- Seminar II
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Video Processing
- Motion Control
- Virtual Reality Technology and Machinery Activity Simulation
- Microprocessor based system and interface techniques
- Empirical Methods for Location-based Services
- Computer Vision
- Intelligent Control
- Machine Learning and Neural Networks (selected topics)
- Image Processing
- Structural Dynamics
- Linear Systems
- Image Processing and Applications
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Tribology (I)
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- Finite Element Analysis
- Nature-Inspired Optimization Algorithms
About the School
The first public University founded after Taiwan’s economic boom in the 1980?s, National Chung Cheng University broke ground after the Executive Yuan passed the plan to build the university in 1986 in ... Read More