Why attend the University of Cincinnati for Accounting?
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Accounting is designed to maximize the probability that our students pass their CPA exam on their first attempt. While the requirements to take the CPA exam differ from state to state, many examinations cover content that is not taught in most undergraduate programs.
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Accounting program is specifically designed to cover all of the material typically tested by the CPA exam. Graduates of the University of Cincinnati Lindner College of Business’ Master of Science in Accounting program are qualified to sit for not only the State of Ohio CPA exam but also the CPA test proctored in many other states as well.
While the University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Accounting program focuses on passing the CPA exam, it also provides our students with the skills and knowledge they need to excel in the workplace once they have successfully passed the CPA exam. That’s one of the many reasons why the Public Accounting Report recently ranked the University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Accounting one of the Top 20 programs in the United States.
Master of Science in Accounting ranked among the TOP 20 programs in the United States by Public Accounting Report.
- Ranked one of the Top 20 programs in the United States among accounting programs with 16 to 21 full-time faculty by Public Accounting Report.
- Students can complete the program in as little as nine months.
- Students are hired by many of the world’s most respected companies such as EY, Deloitte, KPMG, Kroger, and Caterpillar.
- Satisfies the educational requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam in many states.
- The nation’s top five accounting firms all have a significant presence in the city of Cincinnati.
- 100% of our domestic graduates accept a full-time offer within 3 months of graduation and they enjoy an average starting salary in excess of $50,000.
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn the skills and tools utilized by top accounting firms, plus gain a comprehensive knowledge in the core areas of business, and how to best apply those frameworks to real-world challenges.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 14, 2018