Gain technical accounting knowledge while developing skills immediately applicable to your career with the Babson Master of Science in Accounting (MSA).
More than simply meeting the CPA requirements, the program provides graduates with the entrepreneurial mindset needed to excel in the dynamic and global field of public accounting. Program Details:
- The MSA is offered in a traditional format starting each September (9 months) and also in an accelerated format starting in May (7 months), with courses throughout the summer.
- The MSA is a 30 credit, full-time program.
- The Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy has classified the Babson MSA program as “Level 1”—any student who earns a graduate degree in accounting from a Level 1 program is judged to have satisfied the educational requirements to take the CPA exam.
Graduates of the Babson MSA program are employed at prominent global firms. The world of accounting and the careers of our alumni are always evolving and changing. With that in mind, MSA program graduates can apply credits earned in the MSA program toward a future Babson graduate degree. Contact Graduate Admissions for more information about this opportunity.
Build Your Foundation
The MS in Accounting (MSA) at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business is a 30-credit program that prepares students to be high performing professionals in public or corporate accounting. The program can be completed in less than a year through two program formats - an accelerated format includes an intense summer core typically followed by electives while our traditional format allows students to take core courses with a blend of electives throughout the fall and spring semesters of an academic year.
Babson’s program is taught by faculty who are deeply connected to practice and industry, providing students with both a rigorous and practical foundation for exciting careers in the accounting profession. The MS in Accounting is intended primarily for those with an accounting and/or business undergraduate degree. All students should have an academic foundation in Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II, U.S. Tax Accounting, and Managerial Accounting, as well as Auditing, Finance, and U.S. Business Law.
Throughout the program, leading experts from Babson’s accounting, law, and management faculty will guide students through the core curriculum focused on topics such as:
- Advanced accounting topics
- Professional ethics, responsibility, and liability in accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- Strategic business tax planning
- Accounting information systems
- Strategic writing for managers
- Persuasive business presentations
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in a service industry
- Accounting analytics
Students in the MSA program also will take elective credits to build on the knowledge gained in core curriculum courses and can choose from a wide range of electives in other areas, including business analytics, leadership, and finance—or even an elective abroad. Graduate level elective courses are either 3 or 1.5 credits.
Explore Your Path
In addition to the technical accounting skills you’ll gain, students in Babson’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) program are taught to be entrepreneurial leaders with global perspectives, as well as confident presenters with strong oral, written, and listening skills. MSA faculty members are industry professionals who are focused on developing the abilities that will help you succeed outside the classroom.
Sampling of MSA Employers
ADMIRALS BANK / DELOITTE / EY / KPMG / PWC / MORRIS & MORRIS / NANNIS & SOLOMON / STATE STREET GLOBAL ADVISORS
Cost & Fees
Traditional Format: $51,540 per year
Accelerated Format: $1,718 per credit
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018