This new Master's programme focuses on the development of intelligent software products and services. Specifically, AI, machine learning, and data science are covered in detail. Applications include, but are not limited to, internet-of-things, data analytics, and smart cities.
- Credits: 120 credits ECTS
- Level: Master
- Rate of study: Full-time
- Place of study: Campus-based
- Language: English
- Start date: Autumn, 2019
- Requirements: The applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in computer engineering, electrical engineering (with relevant courses in computer engineering), or equivalent. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
- Degree: Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Product Development, specialization in AI Engineering.
- Tuition fees: Tuition fee for the first semester: 70000 SEK Total tuition fee: 280000 SEK
What is artificial intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is often described as the ultimate challenge, sometimes it is even called the manifest destiny of computer science. Human-level machine intelligence is still in the future but applications of deep learning and edge computing are currently transforming both industry and society.
Jönköping University is establishing a strong research group in AI, which will ensure that the program is grounded in state-of-the-art research.
All courses are conducted in English and you study together with other international students. There are possibilities for you to study one semester abroad at one of our partner universities.
In this course, you can choose to do an internship at a company or another organization, or choose among elective courses. The purpose is to give you an understanding of future work tasks and how these are related to your education.
With a Master’s degree in AI engineering, you will have a bright future in information technology, with a wide array of possible roles available, such as data scientist, AI engineer, software engineer, or machine learning engineer. Truly excellent students may also be offered positions as PhD-students.
Students will be equipped to work in different intelligent software products and services situations - from major organizations to micro-businesses; from large enterprise software systems to small, specialized embedded software components; from Web-facing applications to back-end data processing.
2 years, 120 credits. Master of Science with a major in Product Development, and a specialization in AI Engineering.
Next generation of engineers
The School of Engineering, Jönköping University, is a member of the prestigious collaborative between leading engineering schools worldwide - the CDIO Initiative™. The CDIO Initiative is an innovative educational framework to conceive and develop a new vision of engineering education and for producing the next generation of engineers.
(NB Preliminary list of courses)
- Industrial Product Realisation in Collaboration 6 credits
- Mathematics for Software Engineers 6 credits
- Artificial Intelligence 7.5 credits
- Data Science 7.5 credits
- Embedded and Distributed AI 7.5 credits
- Machine Learning 7.5 credits
- Product Development in Cross-Discipline Teams 1 3 credits
- Product Development in Cross-Discipline Teams 2 6 credits
- Software Product Quality Assurance 9 credits
- Research Methods 7.5 credits
- Safety and Security of Software Products 7.5 credits
- Final Thesis Work, Master's 30 credits
Study Abroad/Elective Courses, total 15 credits
Elective Courses may include:
- Development for Mobile, Wearable and Smart Devices 7.5 credits
- Industrial Placement Course 7.5 credits
- State-of-the-Art in AI Research 7.5 credits
- User Experience Design 7.5 credits