Double Degree in a Growing & Dynamic Industry
For future managers who are passionate about food and agriculture, the Master of Science in food and agribusiness management (FAM) programme delivers top academic and practical business knowledge to better manage the world food challenges in a responsible and innovative manner.
With the increasing impact of globalisation and advancing technologies, the food, agrienergy and agricultural industries are in a state of expansion and evolution. As two of the world’s leading countries in agribusiness, France and Brazil are poised to play a fundamental role in the future of the food industry.
In the FAM programme, you’ll learn to excel in all aspects of food and agribusiness management, explore the latest design trends in the field, incorporate design thinking and techniques into your work and share best practices from all over the world. You’ll also earn degrees from two of the top schools in France and Brazil:
- Master of Science from Audencia Business School in Nantes, France
- MBA from FECAP Business School in São Paulo, Brazil
The FAM programme is accredited by the French accrediting body "Conférence des grandes écoles".
- Degree earned: Master of Science from Audencia Business School in France; MBA from FECAP Business School in Brazil
- Credits awarded for the MSc programme: 90 ECTS credits
- Language: English
- Programme start: September
- MSc Duration: Classes from September to May followed by a 4 to 6 month internship or professional mission
- Pre-MSc Gateway Duration: 2 semesters
- MSc: €16,000
- Pre-MSc + MSc: €21,000
- Proficiency in English
- MSc: 4-year bachelor’s degree in any field,
or exceptionally a 3-year degree with experience or honours,
or successful completion and validation of the 60 ECTS Pre-MSc programme
- Pre-MSc + MSc: 3-year bachelor’s degree in any field
Prepare to help the global food and agribusiness sectors reinvent themselves! You’ll gain the tools you need to design innovative solutions for the challenges these enterprises face, manage all aspects of agribusiness operations and market food products effectively. Your programme includes:
- Internationalised study in both France and Brazil
- Courses taught by top Audencia and FECAP faculty as well as ABAG industry professionals
- Guest lectures and workshops led by industry experts
- Field trips to a variety of SME, SMI and multinational agribusiness companies
- Practical master’s project with Audencia’s partner companies; examples include Terrena, Neovia, Triballat and Fleury Michon
- Project Management- design thinking and innovation around a true food product/service
- Cross-disciplinary approach- students from diverse academic backgrounds varying from agronomic engineering to social sciences. Course content combines management and agri-food science
- Acquire beginners Portuguese in preparation for your stay in Brazil
- Worldwide, hands-on internship
Audencia is among the elite 1% of business schools to hold triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. Our strong international partnerships serve as the foundation of your FAM programme. You’ll work with faculty members who have extensive industry experience, researchers who specialise in the field, and agribusiness and agrienergy corporate partners.
Founded in 1902, FECAP is renowned for excellence in business management education. Notably, the 2014 edition of the General Course Index (IGC) ranked FECAP among the top 1% of private institutions and among the top 2% of public and private institutions in Brazil. FECAP was also awarded best university centre in Brazil by the Editora Abril's Student Guide.
The FAM programme works closely with the Brazilian Agribusiness Association (ABAG), the main industry association for this sector, to develop state-of-the-art research and education. You will also be taught by leading professors in Brazil within the Biomarketing Educational Network.
The FAM programme partners with the following influential agribusiness and agrienergy corporate partners and organisations:
- InVivo Group
- Brazilian Agribusiness Association
- Brazilian Agribusiness Marketing Association
- Brazilian Sales Directors Association
- Brazilian Cooperatives Association
- Brazilian Food Industry Association
- Brazilian Association of Supermarkets
- Brazilian Scientific Council for Sustainability Agribusiness
- ABMRA Brazilian Rural and Agribusiness Marketing Association
Career & Alumni
The world’s massive agricultural industry needs leaders who can tackle complex issues. With the global population growing at unprecedented rates, food production will need to double by 2050 – and geopolitical matters, limited water supplies and concerns about sustainability are becoming increasingly important. As a FAM graduate, you’ll have two key advantages in the global agribusiness marketplace:
- A double degree (Master of Science and MBA)
- Practical experience in two national business environments
Note: All statistics on this page are based on the number of replies to the question. They relate to all classes to date unless otherwise stipulated.
Positions & Industries
The insights and experience you gain from leading global agribusinesses throughout the FAM will qualify you for a range of positions and industries.
France & Brazil: Global agribusiness leaders
Learning and working in these two nations will have a profound effect on your career. You’ll make invaluable connections with industry professionals in both countries, which can lead to internships and careers in the field.
A multinational professional network
Because you will be studying at two premier schools of management, you will benefit from the large professional networks of two career service departments. During the programme, you will have the chance to establish connections with leading agribusiness firms in each country.
Audencia career services
Audencia provides you with personalised career services that address your specific experiences, strengths and weaknesses, and goals. We also cultivate close ties with the business world, which benefit you in the classroom and in your future career.
- Individual career coaching and advising
- 15,000+ employment opportunities posted each year on our dedicated intranet
- Employment fairs with 120+ companies
- CV workshops
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Panel discussions with professionals and alumni
- Assessment centre preparation
- Personal development programme on topics including leadership skills, communication skills, ethics, intercultural management and networking
- Auditing sector fair
- Information resources and online tools
- Access to 100+ career events on various topics
Audencia also has a business incubator that supports select graduates in their entrepreneurial work.
Admissions & Finance
Join us in Nantes to internationalise your future career! Here is a breakdown of everything you’ll need to make it smoothly through the application process.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in any field
- Proficiency in English
- Completion of Pre-MSc programme
Pre-MSc + MSc:
- 3-year bachelor’s degree in any field
- Proficiency in English
Note: You can apply during the last year of your bachelor’s studies.
You may begin your online application at any time; you can save it and make changes before submitting. Admissions are open until the programme is full. However, we strongly recommend applying by the early application deadline of 31 January. You can apply during the last year of your bachelor’s studies.
In addition to the online application, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- CV and cover letter in English
- Copies of diplomas and academic transcripts
- English test score (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS)*
- Copy of identity document (e.g. passport)
- Photo (jpeg, 346x366 pixels)
*English test scores are not required for native speakers or applicants who have completed their undergraduate degrees in English. Contact us if you have a different English test score or are planning to take a test later in the year.
- Master of Science in Food and Agribusiness Management: €16,000
- Pre-MSc+ Master of Science in Food and Agribusiness Management: €21,000
Other costs linked to school fees
Application fee: €100
Compulsory registration with the student social security system (students under 28 years of age): As an example, the total for 2018/2019 was €218. The fee must be paid at the latest on the first day of the first school year, and for subsequent years before 30 September.
Costs such as visa fees, transportation, accommodation and meals are to be paid directly by the student.
There is a range of scholarships you may be eligible for. Please contact us with questions.
About the School
Founded in 1900, Audencia Business School is one of the best management schools in Europe. The EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA international accreditations added to the positive evaluation by AERES (the French ... Read More