Name of the program: Master of Science Specialty Mathematics Education
DGP key: 111525
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree that confers: Master in Science with a specialization in Educational Mathematics
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train highly qualified personnel to elaborate, conduct and evaluate professional projects in Educational Mathematics.
- Identify the problematic of the field generated by the teaching and learning of mathematics: in the world, in our country, in our University and in the institutions of the region in which it has influence.
- Design proposals for didactic intervention, based on a specific theoretical framework.
- Apply didactic intervention proposals, taking into account the theoretical and methodological elements of Educational Mathematics.
- Analyze the results of a didactic intervention, from a theoretical perspective.
- Evaluate the relevance of a didactic intervention project.
- Communicate in writing the results of their work.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
Upon completion of their studies the graduate will be able to:
- Identify problems derived from the teaching and learning processes of mathematics so that according to some of the theoretical and methodological orientations of the Educational Mathematics, and according to the field of accentuation in its academic formation within the Program, it will have a positive impact on its solution through the design and evaluation of some type of proposal: didactic, curricular, evaluation, teacher training, use of technological resources, etc. for the school level of interest.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner, both for teachers and for the Educational Mathematics community, the most relevant processes and results of their professional practice.
It is also expected that the academic preparation in this Program and the problems in Mathematics Education, encouraged by their work environment, will encourage graduates to continue with their studies through a Doctorate in Educational Mathematics.
List of subjects
- Introduction to Educational Mathematics
- Perspectives in Educational Mathematics
- Project Design I
- Introduction to Methods in Educational Mathematics
- Theoretical Referents for Project Design
- Project Design II
- Optional I
- Optional II
- Optional III
- Optional IV
- Design of Educational Interventions in Algebra
- Design of Educational Interventions in Geometry
- Design of Educational Interventions in Calculus
- Design of Educational Interventions in Probability and Statistics
- Design of Technology-Mediated Educational Interventions
- Design of Teaching Interventions in Teacher Training
- Design of Educational Interventions in Evaluation Processes
- Development of Didactic Practices and Processes in Algebra
- Development of Practices and Didactic Processes in Geometry
- Development of Teaching Practices and Processes in Calculus
- Development of Didactic Practices and Processes in Probability and Statistics
- Development of Technology-Mediated Teaching Practices and Processes
- Development of Teaching Practices and Processes in Teacher Training
- Development of Practices and Didactic Processes in Evaluation Processes
- Analysis of Teaching Practices and Processes in Algebra
- Analysis of the Practices and Didactic Processes in Geometry
- Analysis of Teaching Practices and Processes in Calculus
- Analysis of Teaching Practices and Processes in Probability and Statistics
- Analysis of Technology-Mediated Teaching Practices and Processes
- Analysis of Teaching Practices and Processes in Teacher Training
- Analysis of Didactic Practices and Processes in Evaluation Processes
- Project Report on Algebra Didactics
- Project Report on Geometry Didactics
- Project Report of Calculation Didactics
- Project Report on Probability and Statistics Didactics
- Report of Projects of Didactic Processes Mediated by Technology
- Project Report on Teacher Training Didactics
- Project Report of Evaluation Processes
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Mathematics Teaching
- Use of Technology in the Teaching of Mathematics
Dr. Ávila Godoy Ramiro
Dr. Díaz Gómez José Luis
Dr. Grijalva Monteverde Agustín
MC Hugues Galindo Enrique
Dr. Ibarra Olmos Silvia Elena
Dr. Jiménez Rodríguez José Ramón
Dr. Soto Munguía José Luis
Dr. Vargas Castro Jorge Ruperto
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Bachelor's degree and preferably have teaching experience in Mathematics.
- Pass induction course to the Postgraduate.
- Pass the postgraduate admission exam and present English language placement test.
- Submit and approve an interview with the Academic Committee of the Program.
- Application for admission.
- Letter of intent signed by the applicant.
- Copy of the degree certificate or provisionally copy of the professional examination certificate.
- Copy of the certificate of studies of degree with total of credits.
- Proof of general average obtained in the degree.
This is a postgraduate course aimed at graduates of the Bachelor of
Mathematics or related careers, who have an interest in preparing professionally to address the study of the processes of teaching and learning mathematics, identify the problems immersed in these processes and propose solutions. Although it is desirable that applicants have a solid background in mathematics, the knowledge required to enter does not exceed the mathematics courses taught in an engineering school. It is also desirable that they gather a series of habits such as reading and writing, since in most courses of the curriculum the reading of a large bibliographic collection is required; likewise the writing of essays, reports, lectures, didactic activities, etc. is encouraged.
Additionally, it is recommended that they have a good management, at least of reading, of the English language, and, preferably, have a full time disposition to carry out the Master's studies.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program;
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- For the degree of doctor, to pass a general examination of knowledge in the case in which the graduate program contemplates it.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
To obtain the degree it is necessary to have covered the credits corresponding to the postgraduate syllabus, have prepared and approved their written thesis work, and the degree examination, consisting of the oral defense of the thesis before a jury appointed by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. Silvia Elena Ibarra Olmos
Rosales and Blvd. Luis Encinas s / n, Col. Centro, CP 83000, Building 3K. Hermosillo, Sonora.
href = "http://pmme.mat.uson.mx
Tel: 52 (662) 2592155, FAX. 52 (662) 2592219
Program taught in: