Master of Science Product Refinement
In the “Product Refinement“ program, which is unique worldwide, you will systematically gain technical expertise and develop your personal competences. You will become fully qualified and well prepared to adjust to the various requirements you will encounter in your future career.
Lectures, seminars, internships and excursions will provide you with a solid knowledge of technical processes, advanced sciences and also economic aspects. Some tasks can be solved by means of teamwork, cooperating together with your fellow students.
This Master program covers three semesters and can be commenced twice a year - in the winter semester and in the summer semester. In total, 90 credit points are to be collected. In addition to the 210 credit points attained from a seven-semester Bachelor degree program, 300 points can be achieved in total, which, in turn, qualifies a Master study course graduate for Ph.D. programs.
It is possible for Bachelor graduates, who have only attained 180 points from a six-semester study course, to obtain a further 30 points by means of additional modules.
You can align your studies to your own needs and preferences by choosing two elective modules.
After completing the Master´s thesis in the third semester, you will receive the degree “Master of Science“ enabling you to proceed to a Ph.D. program.
- Three year Bachelor´s degree or Diploma in Engineering or Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification (210 European Credit Transfer System -ECTS-, in case of 180 ECTS a gateway is possible). The final grade of the degree should be well above average (”2.5” or better according to the German System).
- If English is not native language: Sufficient knowledge of the English language verified by a TOEFL (min. score 87 points) TOEIC (min. score 785 points), IELTS (min. 5.0) or equivalent.
- If German is not native language: Proof of German language skills (A2 for application) (B1 or equivalent for enrollment).
- We require one year of appropriate working experience.
|1st (Winter) semester||SWS|ECTS|
|Advanced Mechanics||4 | 5|
|Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer||4 | 5|
|Refinement of Polymer Compounds and Textiles||4 | 5|
|Customer Oriented Polymer Refinement||4 | 5|
|Fracture Mechanics and Tribology||4 | 5|
|Elective Module||4 | 5|
|Total||24 | 30|
|2nd (Summer) Semester||SWS|ECTS|
|Advanced Mathematics for Engineers||4 | 5|
|Material Science||4 | 5|
|Product Cleaning Technology and Surface Characterization||4 | 5|
|Coating Technology and Functional Surfaces||4 | 5|
|Colorimetry and Varnishing||4 | 5|
|Elective Module||4 | 5|
|Total||24 | 30|
|Master Thesis/ Colloquium||24 / 6|
Explanations and Addresses
This Master program is entirely in English. All lectures will be held in English. The program consists of four different module groups:
- General Principles - Engineering <li>Specific Technologies - Refinement Technologies</li> <li>Specific Product Refinement Technologies</li> <li>Master´s Thesis</li>
The first three module groups consist of lectures and carry 20 credit points each. The module group „Master´s Thesis“(duration six month) includes the Master´s thesis itself and a colloquium on the content of the thesis with a poster presentation. In total, 90 credit points are to be collected. Added to the 210 credit points attained from a seven- semester Bachelor degree program, 300 points can be achieved in total, which, in turn, qualifies a Master study course graduate for Ph.D. programs.
This Master program can be commenced twice a year.
Complementary information regarding modules is available at: www.hs-kl.de. Information regarding admission requirements, applications and enrolment is available at www.hs-kl.de/bewerben.
Hochschule Kaiserslautern | Campus Pirmasens,
Fachbereich Angewandte Logistik- und Polymerwissenschaften,
Carl-Schurz-Str. 10-16 | 66953 Pirmasens
Applications: Studierendensekretariat, E-Mail: email@example.com
Questions regarding the PR-study course are to be directed to
Prof. Dr. Jens Schuster
Tel.: +49 631 3724 7049 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017