Master of Science, Process Technology
About the degree
This program provides a broad insight into the design of process plants, industrial flow processes, applied thermodynamics, process synthesis and separation technology. The program utilizes experimental equipment, advanced mathematical modeling and powerful computer equipment. The program is concluded with an individual thesis (30 ECTS) based on research. The topic of the thesis is often one which has current relevance to today’s industry.
- FM1006 Modeling and Simulation of Dynamic Systems 10 ECTS
- PEF1006 Thermodynamics 10 ECTS
- PEF1110 Transport Processes 10 ECTS
- PEF2106 Combustion and Process Safety 10 ECTS
- PEF2006 Gas Purification and Energy Optimization 10 ECTS
- PT2006 Process Technology and Equipment 10 ECTS
- FM3110 Project Management and Cost Engineering 5 ECTS
- PEF3006 Process Control 5 ECTS
- SCE4006 Project 10 ECTS
- PT3110 Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) 5 ECTS
- Elective 5 ECTS
- FMH606 Master's Thesis 30 ECTS
Teaching and learning methods:
The program is taught in English (international students are enrolled in this program).
Employment may be found in businesses and companies that design and operate industrial processing and process installations, both inland and in the offshore industry. This program also provides qualification for admission to doctoral studies at Telemark University College or at other university colleges and universities in Norway and abroad.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018