- Exercise and Sports Science (Thesis Option)
- Exercise and Wellness (Internship)
- Sports Administration
Who Would Be Interested in This Program?
- The ESS Option recognizes the diverse nature of the discipline and permits students maximum flexibility in areas of personal interest or for career enhancement.
- The ESS Option allows for professionals already in the field to complete the degree at their own pace and within the limitation of their work schedule.
- The ESS has the option for students to complete a thesis if they are planning to matriculate a doctorate program.
- The ExWell Option is for students who are preparing for certifications such as American College of Sports Medicine or National Strength and Condition Association or those who are interested in sports conditioning, hospital wellness, corporate wellness, commercial fitness, YMCA, or campus fitness and wellness.
- The SPAD curriculum and internship experience is designed for students who want to work in sports programming, marketing, and promotion, fundraising, game management, sports administration, or facility planning.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2.75 Undergraduate GPA
- Two letters of reference sent directly to the Graduate Coordinator
- One of the following: Minimum score of 365 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Minimum score of 170 in each of the Quantitative and Verbal areas of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and 3.5 in the Analytical area
- Students with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 are not required to take the GRE or MAT for admission. Students may be granted provisional admission for their first semester if they have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 but have not yet taken either the GRE or MAT.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Many FBS and BCS NCAA schools
- Various professional gyms
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 25, 2018