• CACREP accredited CMHC program with emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling
• Hybrid format, cohort model that allows for self-paced and in-person classes once per week
• Ideal for working professionals who want to create individual relationships with professors and peers
• Full-time, 2 year 60-credit-hour program
• Meets the educational requirements for State of Florida licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
We are accredited through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) under the 2016 standards. The JU CMHC accreditation is valid through October 2027, at which time an application for re-accreditation will be submitted. All JU CMHC program graduates have been recognized as having graduated from a CACREP accredited program.
State of Florida Course Requirements for Licensure
JU’s CMHC Core Curriculum has a specialization in clinical mental health counseling. It also offers a concentration in Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling. This degree meets the academic requirements for licensure as designated in the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling for both Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy.
Students are encouraged to review the state standards and guidelines and notify the faculty advisor of practice preference so that the appropriate site placement is secured for the practicum and internship.
About the School
Jacksonville University will be a nationally and internationally recognized university known for signature programs, inviting and supportive campus, and success of its students.