The degree is a well-established M.S. program with concentrations in Applied Math, Pure Math, Statistics, and Math Education to serve students in many different areas of Mathematical Sciences.
The concentrations in pure, applied, and statistics each include a core requirement corresponding to the given area. Additional credits are required so that students can develop knowledge in a field of interest. All three require the student to either defend a thesis or pass a written comprehensive exam corresponding to the core requirements.
The teaching mathematics concentration requires a variety of content courses, as well as, education courses. The degree options for the teaching math concentration include the opportunity to write a professional paper.
• Pure Mathematics – Thesis Track
• Pure Mathematics – Comprehensive Exam Track
• Applied Mathematics – Thesis Track
• Applied Mathematics – Comprehensive Exam Track
• Applied Statistics – Thesis Track
• Applied Statistics – Comprehensive Exam Track
• Teaching Mathematics – Professional Paper Track
• Teaching Mathematics – Comprehensive Exam Track
About the School
The College of Sciences offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees to approximately 3,000 students in various areas. With approximately 130 full-time faculty, the college has created a well-rou ... Read More