This MSc is a CGE-accredited, full-time program with eight months of courses followed by work experience or a research project.
Tracks and campus overview
The MSc in Financial Markets & Investments is a market-driven finance program that closely reflects the constantly changing world of international finance. The teaching and curriculum use a practical approach.
The program gives students practical expertise in the key areas of finance within the post-crisis financial environment in the fields of trading, risk management, sales, investment advisory, structuring finance. Content is taught within a global macro-economic and financial environment with market-oriented courses that will enable the students to become conscious of a new financial and economic environment including a key component that may remain with them throughout their careers: a stockpile of world debt.
The availability of Bloomberg terminals with existing live quotes and up-to-the-minute financial information from different exchanges allows students to follow and better understand the correlation between geopolitics, economics and the financial markets.
Why choose this program
- Classes are taught by professors who have both strong academic backgrounds and expert professional experience in finance. High-caliber professionals also teach.
- The teaching emphasizes a hands-on, problem-solving approach that means graduates can work productively from Day One on the job.
- The program is developed constantly to ensure its relevance to shifting global financial markets.
- Opportunitiess for cross-cultural interactions and network building.
One program, three locations, five specializations
Regarding the increasing complexity of market finance, we offer common fundamentals and five different specializations spread over the three campuses: Trading, Structuring & Portfolio Management related courses in Sophia Antipolis, Asset Management & Investment Banking in Paris, Quantitative Portfolio Management & Valuation and the newly launched CFA® preparation track in Raleigh.
Video: Tarek, a director of the MSc, discusses how the master is kept precisely in line with the job market's needs
Video: watch a five-minute excerpt from the news analysis section at the beginning of a class
Next application deadline is the 15th of the month.
Requirements for SKEMA's masters' programs
Requirements - Two-Year MSc:
Eligible to apply: students who hold a three-year university degree or equivalent.
Requirements - MSc (one-year):
Eligible to apply: students who hold a four-year university degree or equivalent + two months minimum of professional experience. In some cases, a three-year degree with substantial professional experience can be accepted.
Students will be required to reach the necessary level for the MSc before moving to year two.
English language test required for all students:
In some cases, the English test can be waived (for English native speakers or degree holders from an English-speaking country)
TOEFL (530), TOEFL IBT (71), TOEIC (810), IELTS (6)
There are special English language requirements for students applying to the MSc in Global Luxury and Management: TOEFL IBT: overall score of at least 80 points and a minimum score of 18 points per section. IELTS(6.5) for each section.
One of the scores must be sent directly to NCSU (school code 5496).
GMAT/GRE is not mandatory, however, a good score strengthens the application.
MSc in one year: €17,000 (spring 2020: €16,900)
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Business Transformation: €25,000
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Design: €25,000
- MSc Financial Markets & Investments: €21,500
- MSc Global Luxury and Management: €25,000
- MSc Luxury & Fashion Management: €19,000
- MSc Luxury Hospitality & Innovation: €25,000
Two-year MSc: autumn 2020: €30,000 (spring 2020: €28,000) for the two years.
- Two-year MSc with Artificial Intelligence for Business Transformation: €35,000
- Two-year MSc with Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Design: €35,000
- Two-year MSc with International Hospitality Management: €35,000
- Two-year MSc with Global Luxury and Management: €35,000
- Two-year MSc with Luxury and Fashion Management (spring 2020 intake only): €29,000
- The MS Manager de la Chaîne Logistique et Achats and the MS Managements des Projets et Programmes are €17 000
- All other MS programs are €15 000
The application fee is €100 (non-refundable)
About the School
SKEMA is a global business school which, through its research and teaching programmes, trains and educates the talented individuals businesses require in the current competitive environment.