The Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MSDM) prepares students to meet the exponentially growing demand for job candidates skilled in the digital areas of marketing. The interdisciplinary program covers digital marketing strategies, tactics, and tools based on a dual foundation of marketing strategy plus web development and design. Students may also complete the 12-credit digital marketing certificate program which can be applied to the master's degree.
Marketing Has Gone Digital. Have You?
Digital Marketing student at Sacred Heart University Marketing has gone digital. By 2016, digital marketing spending is expected to climb to $77 billion and will represent 35 percent of all advertising spending.* Growth in the digital space is a trend that’s only gathering more steam. Many companies seek creatives with interactive expertise who can help build responsive websites and apps and develop or fine-tune digital strategies. Greater optimism about the overall business landscape has led to bigger marketing budgets. With more money available for new projects, particularly digital marketing initiatives, both full-time job seekers and freelancers in this space are finding career opportunities. According to The Creative Group’s Salary Survey report, the job outlook for digital marketing is positive with hiring rates and salary rates on the rise.
*Source: Forrester Research Inc.
A Closer Look at the Digital Marketing Degree
Digital Marketing student at Sacred Heart UniversityOur graduate students in digital marketing are instructed by dedicated SHU faculty — leaders in their field who provide cutting-edge research to conferences and global publications — as well senior-level practitioners who bring their real-time experience into the classroom. Backed by this team of experts, students become proficient in the latest digital marketing techniques and apply these skills to high-profile, hands-on projects for real companies. For instance, a team of students recently assumed the role of PepsiCo’s brand management team to develop and execute new digital media campaigns.
The Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MSDM) program at Sacred Heart is distinctive:
- Current: The MSDM degree makes use of the latest software and techniques and is taught by faculty and practitioners who are active in their fields.
- Thorough: The MSDM degree curriculum covers the many areas of digital marketing from developing a content strategy to lead generation to analytics and optimization.
- Flexible: The MSDM degree has built-in applied credits which students can customize depending on their particular career track within the broader area of digital marketing.
- Hands-on: All coursework within the MSDM degree is taught in a practical manner using real-world examples and actual class “clients.”
A Unique Digital Marketing Degree
The 36-credit MSDM degree operates on a trimester schedule and can be completed in 15 months by attending class two nights a week. Or, for added flexibility, students may opt to attend one class per week over a longer period of time. Courses are offered weekday evenings at SHU's new, state-of-the-art Stamford Graduate Center in Landmark Square.
The 12-credit certificate in digital marketing is designed to enhance skills and introduce students to the digital marketing industry. All courses in the certificate can be applied towards the master's degree.
Graduate students in digital marketing will:
- Develop and evaluate marketing plans that harness power of digital media
- Use the wealth of data available to digital marketers to segment markets and position brands
- Use social media effectively to promote brands and engage customers
- Optimize websites to maximize search-engine rankings
- Interpret click-through data to evaluate online advertising efforts
Conveniently Located Close to NYC
Classes are held in Stamford, Connecticut, in the heart of one of the largest business communities in the United States. Our ideal location, 60 minutes outside of New York City, successfully positions students around business leaders, countless advertising agencies, marketing research companies and leading multinational corporations. MSDM students are constantly exposed to several of the world’s leading executives to broaden and deepen their learning experiences through guest lectures and site visits.
Individuals who hold a bachelor's degree in any academic discipline from a regionally accredited college or university will be considered for admission to the MS program.
The following documents must be submitted and will be considered when applying:
- Online Application.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for an authorization form.
- Written personal statement- a one-page statement describing your interest and qualifications for the program, as well as history of relevant business experience.
- 2 Letters of recommendation.
- Professional resume.
- GMAT score - For applicants with 2 years or more of professional work experience, the minimum acceptable GMAT score is 400. For those applicants with less than 2 years of professional experience, the minimum acceptable score is 500. GMAT can be waived in lieu of relevant education and work experience.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018