The following specializations are designed to give the student a better idea of the various areas of emphasis in our program, as well as a guide to creating a coherent curriculum beyond the core courses. (These are not offered as concentrations).
- Leadership and Administration: Criminal Justice Administration and Leadership, Crimonology and Public Policy, Funding/Grants in Criminal Justice, Advanced Crime and Justice Theory, Globalization and Crime Justice
- Social Justice: Race, Gender & Justice, Environmental Crime and Justice, Ideology and Criminal Justice, State Crime, Human Traffic, Punishment and Society
- Research Specialist: Criminal Justice Data Analysis (Statistics), Qualitative Methods, Funding/Grants in Criminal Justice, Research Internship, Thesis Option
- Security and Surveillance in a Global Environment: Policing Global Insecurity, State Crime, Globalization and Criminal Justice, Human Trafficking, Surveillance and Advanced Technology in Criminal Justice, Comparative Criminal Justice
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
Anyone interested in:
- Criminal Justice
- Safety Security Emergency Management
- Political Science Majors
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- A 3.0 GPA overall in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- Have a combined score of at least 286 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE and an analytical writing score of 4.0
- Apply to and meet the admission requirements of the EKU Graduate School
- Submit a personal statement to the EKU Graduate School (including personal and professional objectives in pursuing a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice, primary and secondary motivations for pursuing this degree, your educational interests, potential research interests, and what you hope to accomplish).
- Submit two letters of recommendation directly to the Criminal Justice Graduate Program Coordinator in the College of Justice & Safety.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- State Department
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Department of Agriculture
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 22, 2017