Who would be interested in this program?
People who are interested in a career in sports medicine and allied health care, like working with both acute care and rehabilitation. Athletic Trainers work in a wide variety of settings from Professional Sports, Colleges, High Schools, clinics, to industrial and corporate setting, to performing arts, law enforcement, US Military, NASCAR and Indy Care Settings.
Program Admission Requirements
All applicants for the program need to apply using ATCAS the Centralized Application Service for Athletic Training.
Program Pre-Requisites Courses
- Basic Anatomy (3) and Human Physiology (3) or A & P I (3hrs) and A & P II (3hrs)
- Exercise Physiology (3hrs)
- Biomechanics or Kinesiology (3hrs)
- Statistics (3hrs)
- Strength & Conditioning (3hrs)
- Medical Terminology (3hrs)
- Intro to Psychology (3hrs)
- Intro to Athletic Training or Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries (2-3hrs)
- First Aid Certification or Equivalent (i.e EMT-B licensed in KY) American Heart Association
- Health Care Provider CPR (AHA preferred)
- Undergraduate Cum GPA 2.75 and a 3.0 GPA in Pre-Requisite Courses
- 50 Hours of documented clinical observation/experience under an ATC obtained within 2 years prior to program application. Hours must have been obtained under an AT, hours under the supervision of a physical therapist DO NOT count unless the individual is dual credentialed as an AT and the hours were obtained in a traditional athletic training facility or field setting not in an outpatient physical therapy clinic.
- -GRE Recommended scores of 144 on verbal and quantitative sections.
**Applicants with cumulative undergraduate GPA¹s of 3.0 or higher, or 3.25 or higher in their last 60 hours of undergraduate work are exempt from the GRE.
- Completion of a College of Health Science Required Criminal Record Background Check and Supplemental MS in AT Program Health Records and Forms (see ATCAS online application for more details)
- Letter of Application explaining why you want to pursue a career as an Athletic Trainer again submitted on ATCAS as part of the program specific question section.
**Additional Program Application Requirements to the EKU Graudate school can be found on ATCAS (See ATCAS and Application for Full Details and most current information) which include the following application materials to the Graduate school office:
- Graduate School Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- GRE Scores; TOEFL Scores as needed
Where are recent graduates of the program employed?:
- Dallas Cowboys
- Cinnicinnati Ballet
- University of Alabama Football
- University of Nebraska Football
- Marshall University Athletics
- University of Kentucky Sports Medicine
- Various High School / Clinic's in KY, MD, TX, OH
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017