Graduates of this programme will be fully equipped to conduct independent research on tourism-related issues.
- Produce postgraduate students to meet the manpower needs of the tourism industry in the country.
- Develop students' logical and critical thinking skills in tandem with specialized practical skills that are required to formulate strategic plans within the tourism industry.
- Produce scientists with skills that are not only valuable to future employment in the field of tourism, but also transferrable to other avenues of employment. Prepare students to embark on related postgraduate studies that can provide better opportunities and advancement in relevant areas and a broader understanding of the principal areas of scientific research.
Key Research Areas
- Consumer Behavior
- Destination Development
- Destination Benchmarking
- Environmental Management
- Ecotourism Rating and Certification
- Economic Impacts of Tourism
- Food Tourism
- Human Resource Development
- Hospitality Services
- Higher Education Services
- Knowledge Management
- Medical Tourism
- Organisational Behaviour
- Poverty Alleviation via Tourism
- Place Branding and Marketing
- Product Developments
- Rural Poverty and Tourism
- Sustainable and Responsible Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Developments
- Socio-cultural Impacts of Tourism
- Special Interest Tourism
- Socio-Anthropology of Tourism and Leisure
- Services Marketing
- Service Quality
- Tourist Guest Behaviour
- Tourist Guest Satisfaction
- Tourism Development
- Urban Tourism Management
- Minimum period: 2 years
- Maximum period: 4 years
- Minimum period: 3 years
- Maximum period: 6 years
Minimum length of candidature
Part-time students who are confident of graduating in under three years should register for full-time status at the end of the first year.
Maximum length of candidature
Extension of candidature beyond the maximum period is only possible with the approval of the Senate and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
Conversion of Master's Degree To Doctor Of Philosophy (PhD)
Students who wish to convert from a Master's registration into a PhD registration are required to fulfil the following requirements:
- Recommendation by the student's supervisors and approval of the School’s Postgraduate Committee
- Student must pass an oral examination for evaluation of the conversion application in front of a panel of examiners appointed by the School's Postgraduate Committee.
- Payment of an application fee of RM500.
- Appointment of an external co-supervisor.
- Submission of a Research Meeting Log twice per semester for the University to monitor the research progress.
Availability of Scholarships
About the School
Taylor’s University is a member of the Taylor’s Education Group, which also comprises Taylor’s College, Garden International School, Australian International School Malaysia, Sri Garden International ... Read More