Connected Objects are invading our daily lives - houses, cars, factories, buildings, cities - and posing unprecedented challenges at the cross-road between electronics and computer science concerning their design, their networking needs and the management of the huge amount of data that they generate in a continuous and abundant manner. These data also need to be stored and processed in an adequate and timely manner. The aim of this program is to provide students with basic and specialized skills related to all aspects of connected objects from the basic object to the overall management systems, in a holistic and coherent manner
The degree aims to develop broad competency in a very active field where computer science and electrical engineering are combined to design the future systems with millions of connected devices that safely cooperate, while still preserving the individuals and their rights.
The «Internet of Things» track specifically focuses on skills required to design new families of connected devices and smart objects and their infrastructure (solutions and challenges) by: -
- Understanding the tradeoffs between different solutions for the devices and the communications;
- Building the embedded software through all layers (sensors, OS, middleware);
- Considering economic and business issues;
- Having the vocabulary to communicate with specialists on legal issues.
The «Network, Performance and Cloud (NPC)» track focuses on the design and analysis of the new widely distributed infrastructure for massive data communications. It will:
- Provide students with basic and specialized skills in the area of Network and Cloud Architecture and its evolution.
- Help students to meet the challenges and make the technological choices for the next-generation internet, from connected devices to the cloud.
- Prepare candidates to undertake further investigation and research into cloud computing and networking
This program is designed for students how are highly motivated by careers in Research & Technology. We will prepare future researchers and academics in the fields of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering to address the challenges of IoT devices, CyberPhysical Systems and the Future Generation of Internet.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 30, 2018