Flavor & Fragrance Industry
Key Elements of the Program
100% English track
Two 6-month internships (one in France, and one international)
The aim of this 2-year Master’s degree is to train tomorrow’s flavor and fragrance professionals in innovation and industry-specific expertise. The program, based in Grasse, offers an innovative interdisciplinary program with a major-minor structure and fosters skill development in different fields such as law, marketing, and science.
Grasse is the global capital of perfumes, and hosts all aspects of the flavor and fragrance industry, such as the cultivation of aromatic and medicinal plants, and the transformation and creation of fragrances and essences. The industry generates approximately 3000 jobs in the region.
Université Côte d'Azur (UCA) offers a Master's degree in collaboration with the Université Nice Sophia Antipolis (UNS; UFR Droit and UFR Science) and the EDHEC Business School. This alliance is the result of the shared desire to establish a new and innovative program focused on flavors and perfumes in the city of Grasse. It also combines the unique expertise of these institutions and their facilities to offer a training program that will meet and surpass the expectations of both students and flavor and fragrance companies.
Learn more about the program here.
The strong links between companies and research laboratories are an essential component of this university degree, allowing for the better professional integration of the student into the fragrance industry. Tutored projects and guest speakers from flavor and fragrance companies will help students attain a global understanding of the expectations and goals of tomorrow's industry.
Upon receiving the UCA university degree, students will be prepared to pursue their careers in the following fields:
- Marketing: consumer understanding, sensory evaluation, sales & business development, operational marketing, development marketing, market surveys
- Science: sensory evaluation, research & development, creation of flavors & fragrances, regulation & quality
- Law: patents, copyrights, commercialization
Who can apply: Students with a bachelor’s/BBA degree in science, marketing, management or law, and 180 validated ECTS. Professionals with working experience in the field of flavors and fragrances. For any questions concerning the application, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: The application form and list of documents required are now available for download.
• If your application is accepted, you will be selected for a test depending on your track (marketing, law or science).
• If you pass the test, you will be selected for an interview with our admissions committee.
• If you pass the interview, you will be able to register on our e-candidate platform (website URL is coming soon for official registration).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018