This MSc Learning Sciences programme is offered by the Faculty of Cognitive Sciences and Human Development and is intended for professionals interested in teaching and learning.
The Learning Sciences programme is interdisciplinary in nature, combining advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of Cognitive Sciences, Learning Technology and Learning Sciences research in its curriculum. This is the first postgraduate programme in this field to be offered in Malaysia. This programme combines coursework and a research paper. A minimum of 40 credits of study and a final Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 is required for the award of the Master degree.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Teachers, facilitator and trainers
- Education Officers and Administrators
- College and Higher Institution Lecturers
- Professionals who are interested in facilitating learning via technology advancement
Teaching and learning activities for this programme are conducted in the evenings or during the weekends.
For admission into the programme, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but CGPA less than 2.50 may be admitted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field or,
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate
- For international students, an IELTS score of 6.0 is required in addition to the entry requirements.
FACILITIES AND RESOURCES
To support your study, the university provides various facilties and resources:
- Centre for Academic Information System (CAIS)
- Resource Rooms
- Computing Facilities
About the School
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Malaysia's eighth university was officially incorporated on 24 December 1992. A university that is contemporary in character and forward-looking in outlook, it is ... Read More