The programme aims to provide students with:
- A greater knowledge base in human movement studies
- A career path for the study of exercise science and sport studies
- Leadership skills for use in the sport and fitness area
- Research perspectives in the field of human movement studies
- An ability to undertake research in their working environment
- The skills of a reflective practitioner
- A conceptual grasp of issues affecting the future of sport and physical education in Singapore
The Master of Science (Exercise and Sport Studies) programme caters to the wide-ranging needs of physical education teachers. It is structured to provide a balanced coverage of pedagogy, psychosocial, management and scientific aspects of human movement. It aims to enable professionals to upgrade their qualifications for career advancement within the education system.
There are two options within this programme. Participants are required to either:
- Complete 10 courses (Coursework only option), or
- Complete eight courses plus a dissertation (Dissertation option)
Those selecting the coursework-only option will take a special course titled MMM 800 Critical Inquiry as one of the 10 courses, designed to act as a capstone experience for the programme.
Participants do not have to make the decision when applying. The decision on what option to select is usually made upon completion of six courses.
- A good Bachelor's degree from a recognised university with a major in physical education or its equivalent, or
- An undergraduate degree, not in physical education, and a diploma; or postgraduate diploma in physical education or its equivalent
- At least a year of working experience
The degree of Master of Science (Exercise and Sport Studies) is offered only on a part-time basis.
Application for Admission
This programme is generally open to graduate teachers from the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore seeking PDCM-Master’s Degree sponsorship.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018