Protect people against environmental hazards. Education your community on best health practices. Make a positive impact on diverse populations in just 42 credit hours with a Master’s in Public Health.
Follow your passion—focus your skills to plan policies and lead largescale initiatives. Public health is a diverse and growing field, from epidemiology to community coalitions and community-based education and research.
At UNM, you can focus your degree on your interests. Study health policy or focus on health outcomes in Latin American or Indigenous communities.
You have what it takes to lead.
Your Goals, Your MPH
Build critical thinking skills that draw from social science, biomedical science and clinical disciplines. Focus on issues that that interest you in one of three concentrations:
- Community Health—Promote social justice and health equality in your community and globally.
- Epidemiology—Solve public health crises by expanding your skills in statistics and disease prevention.
- Health Systems Services and Policy—Lead and advocate in health organizations, government agencies and policy arenas.
Combine multiple interests in a dual degree program. You have the option of earning an:
- MPH and Master of Arts in Latin American Studies
- MPH and Doctor of Medicine
- MPH and an individual degree program you create
If you are already in a master’s program at UNM and do not want to earn a dual degree, consider a minor in public health.
About the School
The UNM’s Health Sciences Center (HSC) is a leader in providing health care to a uniquely diverse population. Our team—from physicians and nurses to professors and leadership—is dedicated to making su ... Read More