Navigate the intersection of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Translate theory into practice and begin implementing policy that supports your community.
The USF MPA program prioritizes hands-on experience that prepares you to address the public interest through the collection and analysis of evidence essential for implementing public service strategies.
A flexible class schedule helps working professionals balance their busy lives, while small class sizes promote one-on-one attention and deeper relationship building.
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) offers two tracks; general public administration track and a health services administration concentration. It provides mid-career and aspiring professionals with an opportunity to obtain advanced managerial education applicable to a broad range of organizations in the public sector, nonprofit, and health care industries.
The MPA program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
About the Master of Public Administration Program
- Typical program length is 21 months with 38 units.
- Classes offered on Saturday.
- Preferred but not required - two years of professional work experience, including internships.
- A wide range of scholarship and financial aid options.
- Classes begin each fall at the USF Downtown San Francisco campus. Also offered in fall, spring and summer, 100% online.
- Accredited by NASPAA, the foremost membership organization of graduate programs in public administration, public policy, public affairs, and public & nonprofit management in the US and around the world.
- Ranked among the Best Public Affairs Programs by the U.S. News & World Report.
- A Health Services Administration concentration offers students a specialized public management degree designed for a career in the U.S. healthcare system.
- The MPA program is also offered 100% online.
This is the fourth consecutive year of improved rankings for the USF Master of Public Administration program as the MPA jumped from #115 to #108 for school-year 2019.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 13, 2018