To successfully lead a public or nonprofit organization in today's environment, administrators must develop superior executive, public policy, and resource management expertise. The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program strives to meet these challenges.
You can customize this program by selecting an area of specialization to develop skills best suited to your academic and career goals.
Our M.P.A. program allows students to easily integrate public management coursework with business management, accounting, finance, marketing, and information systems—courses taught with the public sector in mind. Students also have the option of enrolling in a spring travel course, PADM 282, which takes a closer look at a specific policy issue from a global viewpoint.
- You can earn your M.P.A. in as little as two years in a part-time format, although students have five years to meet all requirements
- 36 credit-hour program with tuition of $530 per credit hour for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Flexible scheduling with courses meeting one night per week from 6–9:15 p.m. for 13 weeks
- Any major accepted from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Optional travel course opportunities
- The M.P.A. faculty are recognized scholars with extensive experience as practitioners and consultants, blending first-hand knowledge of best practice into their teaching
In your first semester, you will complete an elite training experience focusing on communication and leadership skills. The workshop offers a competitive edge by providing you with the skills to consistently lead, influence, and inform others. Participants will learn to:
- Organize thoughts quickly and present them persuasively
- Captivate audiences with a professional delivery style
- Overcome inhibitions and do things with a purpose
- Strategically build presentations to focus on customers’ needs
- Distinguish yourself as a leader through professional presence
A handful of workshops are offered each term. Students meet over two days, Friday 1–8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Need More Information?
For more information about the Drake M.P.A. Program, please contact Drake at 515-271-2188 (toll free 1-800-44-DRAKE, ext. 2188), or by email: email@example.com.
Last updated January 23, 2018