The Master of Psychology (Industrial & Organisational Psychology) programme aims to prepare candidates with knowledge and skills of workplace psychology to manage the fast-changing organisational processes; and at the same time, impart effective human management skills to resolve organisational problems.
The programme will further prepare candidates to undertake high-level research activity and participate in real-life consultancy project in the field of Industrial & Organizational Psychology. The programme provides candidates with the opportunity to develop themselves as effective future leaders and Industrial & Organisational specialists/ psychologists/ consultants/ practitioners/ researchers.
- One of the few postgraduate degrees specialising in Industrial and Organisational Psychology in Malaysia
- Curriculum relevant to industry demand
- Learn from experienced and qualified facilitators
- Participate in real research activity/real consultancy in the field of IO
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00; or
Note: A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology not meeting CGPA of 2.75 (but not lower than 2.5) can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment by an independent review panel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, and a minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent (covering all eight Knowledge Areas highlighted in pages 13 – 14 of Programme Standards: Psychology) with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, and a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent (covering all eight Knowledge Areas highlighted in pages 13 -14 of Programme Standards: Psychology) with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules, and a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with a minimum score of 550; or
- Other relevant or equivalent qualification
Other entry criteria
An applicant is also required to possess a relevant score in one of the following English language examinations:
(a) a minimum overall score of 580 in TOEFL (paper-based) or 237 in TOEFL (computer-based) or 92 in TOEFL (internet-based testing);
(b) a minimum overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS;
(c) a minimum grade B in Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
(d) a minimum score of 980 in English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT);
(e) a minimum score of 500 in Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (Critical Reading);
(f) a minimum score of 22 in American College Testing Assessment (ACT);
(g) a credit in English 1119;
(h) a minimum credit C4 in SPM English Language / "O" level English Language;
(i) a minimum overall band score of 4 in MUET; or
(j) any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must meet the required English Language requirement before being admitted to the approved programme of study.
January, May & October
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018