The Master of Project Management is designed for candidates from various backgrounds who aim for managerial position in an organisation.
Experienced and skillful project professionals are needed to effectively manage challenging projects locally and around the world. This programme enriches the candidates ability in approaching project management from three dimensions, i.e. (1) contribution to sciences - to enhance the students knowledge in project environment; (2) profession and societal interest - to instil the skills of critical thinking and analyses in the students, from the perspective of professionalism and societal responsibilities, and (3) practicality - to prepare candidates well in applying scientific knowledge of project management in solving problem and improving the existing process.
This is to be done by developing the practical skills in communication, leadership and entrepreneurial, as well as information management.
- Pathway to management position
- Leadership and entrepreneurship development
- Emphasis on problem solving skills
- Balanced approach between theoretical and experiential learning
- Experienced & qualified facilitators
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
Other entry criteria
An applicant is also required to possess a relevant score in one of the following English language examinations:
(a) a minimum overall score of 580 in TOEFL (paper-based) or 237 in TOEFL (computer-based) or 92 in TOEFL (internet-based testing);
(b) a minimum overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS;
(c) a minimum grade B in Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
(d) a minimum score of 980 in English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT);
(e) a minimum score of 500 in Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (Critical Reading);
(f) a minimum score of 22 in American College Testing Assessment (ACT);
(g) a credit in English 1119;
(h) a minimum credit C4 in SPM English Language / "O" level English Language;
(i) a minimum overall band score of 4 in MUET; or
(j) any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must meet the required English Language requirement before being admitted to the approved programme of study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 30, 2017