The Master of Professional Studies degree is a multi-disciplinary master's degree designed to meet emerging workforce development needs.
Concentrations are available in:
- Computer Networking
- Criminal Justice
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance Management
- Instructional Design
- Music Composition
- Music Performance
- Organizational Leadership
- Public Health Administration
- Web Development
It is designed to develop advanced professional skill sets in various subject areas not currently represented at FHSU by Master of Science (MS) credentials. A salient feature of the degree program is the flexibility for the student to combine a major subject area with one or more cognate areas designed to enhance professional workforce skills desired by employers in industry, government, healthcare, and information technology careers.
There are many career opportunities in Kansas and beyond for graduates with MPS degrees, including positions in information technology, human resources, government, law enforcement and the corrections industry, and non-profit industry or social services leaders. The MPS degree also provides students the necessary tools to embark on new entrepreneurial career ventures. To be effective today, professionals need to understand the trends impacting the broad career field and "industry" sector where they work. They also need specialized skills - sometimes unusual combinations of special skills - to add value to the organizations where they work.
The MPS curriculum contains four components:
- a 9-hour core curriculum which includes a research methods course, a statistics course, and a concentration-specific introductory graduate course,
- a 9 to 12-hour major concentration area,
- a 6 to 9-hour cognate field or free electives area, and
- 3-hour projects or internship course. The total number of credits required for this degree is 30 credit hours.
About the School
FHSU is the leading forward-thinking, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest. We have an enrollment of more than 13,000 students and offer hundreds of certificate and degree programs at the associa ... Read More