Advance your accounting skills and business acumen into research, further learning or professional practice, with Melbourne Polytechnic’s Master of Professional and Practising Accounting (MPPA).
Designed for progressive, hardworking, business-minded graduates and for those wanting to excel in the professional accounting field, the MPPA offers a plethora of employment opportunities, from working as an academic to a CFO, in any corner of the globe!
Keep up, move on and get ahead
The global business world is evolving at an ever-increasing rate. Companies want professionals who are able to identify trends and propose corporate adaptations that ensure financial and operational viability.
Opportunities to undertake Master level studies in Professional and Practising Accounting with a broad grasp of corporate, national and global business environments are rare. We offer the MPPA as an effective route to generate professional accounting capabilities for managers.
You’ll develop the multidisciplinary skills necessary to make significant contributions to:
- corporate planning;
- information and knowledge management;
- leadership of management teams;
- development of corporate policy;
- Contributions to corporate planning are especially relevant to the acquisition and exploitation of new capabilities and their longer-term impact.
You’ll be able to demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills with:
- creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning;
- a high level of personal autonomy and accountability;
- effective execution of substantial research-based projects.
You’re able to exit the course after one year with a Graduate Diploma of Professional and Practising Accounting, then choose to complete their Master later.
Enjoy a range of career possibilities, including:
- a professional accountant,
- management accountant,
- financial accountant,
- CFO – Chief Financial Officer,
- senior accountant.
The Master of Professional and Practising Accounting consists of four focal studies:
- core skills essential to the higher management.
- research, legal and accounting capabilities appropriate to strategic business units and corporations.
- capital markets, finance, taxation and audit.
- global business context, strategic management accounting, advanced corporate reporting, and ethics and governance.
About the School
Melbourne Polytechnic has been delivering vocational training since 1912 and today offers a diverse range of innovative, hands-on TAFE (VET) and Higher Education (Degree) programs to equip you with th ... Read More