Accounting is an integral part of the management and governance of any enterprise. It acts as a decision-making aid by providing the information necessary for planning, control and performance evaluation. The stakeholders of an entity rely on the accounting information to assist in a variety of decisions including the acquisition or sale of shares, lending of funds and the provision of services or goods.
This Master’s Degree is aimed at students from any discipline seeking to acquire an accredited accounting qualification.
Structure and Content
The programme consists of 12 units and may be completed in 12 months.
- CPA Australia – Associate membership & enrolment in the CPA Program
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Exemptions for F1-F9 papers
- Recognised by Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Recognised by Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) for Associate membership
- Recognised by Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) for Associate membership
Ranked in the World’s Top 100 Universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University 2017 – Top 200 global universities under 50 years old)
Ranked in the Top 100 Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017)
Ranked in the World’s Top 100 Most International Universities (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016 – Top 200 Most International Universities)
- MBS546 Business Finance
- MBS659 Quantitative Research for Business
- MBS669 Management Accounting
- MBS678 Corporate Accounting
- MBS686 Economics and Business Strategy
- MBS680 Auditing
- MBS518 Principles of Business Governance
- MBS614 Taxation Principles
- MBS679 Accounting Theory and Governance
- MBS665 Business Valuation
- MBS544 Accounting Processes
- MBS539 Accounting for Managers
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Other equivalent qualifications with 2 years of relevant working experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Students who have completed a Degree with an accounting major from an Australian University will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirements.
- In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University
Applicants are required to complete the application by providing:
- Duly completed and signed the application form
- List of qualifications, certificates and proof of official transcript from each institution attended (Certified copy of the official transcript is acceptable)
- Photocopy of passport or identification card
- To provide a CV/Resume include your supervisory experience with two referees (For Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation programme only)
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Programme application fee
Please note that the application is not complete without all the items stated above. As the programme involves regular use of internet, email and other online resources, students must possess a personal computer and have an internet connection to access materials electronically from the university and to participate in the appropriate pedagogic interaction.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and enrol between 1 to 4 units per trimester (4-month term). Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Professional Accounting from Murdoch University.
The Degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 20, 2018