This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge to enhance technical capabilities within the subject area.
- Understanding of how to innovate, generate and manage the creation of new ideas.
- In-depth knowledge of a certain domain of knowledge that is related to engineering.
- Advanced research experience and skills that enable students to pursue a PhD programme.
Full- time (18 months)
Part-time (24+ months)
|Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia &
Staffordshire University, UK
Malaysian Students - RM25,200
International Students - RM27,800 (USD6,620)
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in Engineering or Engineering Technology, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS Band 6 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking or equivalent.
Conversion to MPhil
Students of the MPhil programme may convert their MPhil into a PhD candidate if they satisfy all the criteria below:
(a) Display excellent progress in their research.
(b) Able to demonstrate the potential of their project to be expended to PhD level.
(c) Pass a rigorous assessment.
Successful conversion means that the student will no longer be an MPhil candidate but will instead become a PhD candidate with their candidature start date backdated to their original MPhil registration date. Hence, it allows the student to gain a PhD award within a shorter timeframe, without the need to complete a Masters programme.
Programme Structure/Process Flow
Ideally, students work with potential supervisors to develop a proposal.
Commencement in 2018, subject to approval
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
Program taught in: