This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge to enhance technical capabilities within the subject area.
- Understanding of how to innovate, generate and manage the creation of new ideas.
- In-depth knowledge of a certain domain of knowledge that is related to engineering.
- Advanced research experience and skills that enable students to pursue a PhD programme.
Full- time (18 months)
Part-time (24+ months)
|Dual Degree Award:
APU, Malaysia &
Staffordshire University, UK
Malaysian Students - RM25,200
International Students - RM27,800 (USD6,620)
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in Engineering or Engineering Technology, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS Band 6 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking or equivalent.
Conversion to MPhil
Students of the MPhil programme may convert their MPhil into a PhD candidate if they satisfy all the criteria below:
(a) Display excellent progress in their research.
(b) Able to demonstrate the potential of their project to be expended to PhD level.
(c) Pass a rigorous assessment.
Successful conversion means that the student will no longer be an MPhil candidate but will instead become a PhD candidate with their candidature start date backdated to their original MPhil registration date. Hence, it allows the student to gain a PhD award within a shorter timeframe, without the need to complete a Masters programme.
Programme Structure/Process Flow
Ideally, students work with potential supervisors to develop a proposal.
Commencement in 2018, subject to approval
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
About the School
The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation, and creativity works effecti ... Read More