Become an effective globally engaged nonprofit and nongovernmental organization (NGO) leader for sustainable development and social impact. USF's Master of Nonprofit Administration graduate management program ensures you acquire the tools you need to strengthen your leadership abilities, identify ethical considerations and effect positive change. Develop essential leadership values, management skills and nonprofit competencies to work as an executive director, nonprofit consultant, development director, or other leadership positions in the nonprofit and social sector — engaged in fields such as education, health, arts and humanities, human services, economic inclusion, sustainable development, advocacy and social change. Learn from contemporary scholars and leaders in from California’s nonprofit sector to international NGOs, to broaden your leadership and critical thinking skills and work alongside peers who share your professional goals and aspirations. You have a choice which nonprofit graduate degree program best fits your lifestyle. TheFull-Time International MNAoffered during the week in San Francisco is centered on experiential learning and is open to international students. TheProfessional MNAfor working professionals is offered in San Francisco on weekends and supported by video-conference and online technology.
|FULL-TIME MNA||PART-TIME MNA|
|1-year program||24-month program|
|Weekdays, typically M-Th 9am - 1pm||Saturdays, 8am - 5pm (2 classes)|
|Workexperience not required||Two years of workexperience preferred|
|USF downtown San Francisco campus location||USF downtown San Francisco campus location|
|No requirement for GRE/GMAT||No requirement for GRE/GMAT|
|FULL-TIME MNA||PART-TIME MNA|
Nonprofit Administration Application Requirements
- Transcript(s)–Copies of your transcripts from each accredited college or university attended must be uploaded to the online application. Once admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. The minimum graduate admission requirement includes a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Résumé–A copy of your current résumé is required and must be uploaded as part of the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation–Two letters of recommendation are required. Applicants to all programs should submit at least one letter from a professional contact, if possible. Ideally, one or both of your recommendations will come from a current or former direct supervisor. Academic recommendations are also appreciated for current undergraduates. Enter the recommenders'email addresses directly into the online application for electronic submission.
Your recommenders may submit a signed letter of recommendation or they may utilize the Common Letter of Recommendation template.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay– A 500 to 1000 word essay is required and must be uploaded in the online application. Please upload one document answering the following questions: 1. What are your short and long-term professional goals and how this degree will help you achieve those goals? 2. Your background, passions and personal interests are important to us. What are five things we don’t already know about you?
- Scholarship Statement– The USF School of Management offers general merit and special interest scholarships. Please review available scholarships and use this as your opportunity to explain your eligibility and/or qualifications for one or more of these scholarships.
- Optional Self Evaluation– Use this essay to evaluate your leadership and management skills, capabilities, and talents as they stand today. What would your colleagues/classmates say about you as a leader? What areas do you feel you could further develop?
- Optional Statement– Use this essay to share any additional information you would like us to consider as part of your application, for example: gaps in employment, academic issues (probation, dismissal, failing grades, standardized test performance), etc.
- Interview–Interview requirements vary by program. All interviews are by invitation only. As such, should you be selected to interview, an invitation will be sent to the email account associated with your online application and include all necessary details.
Fall 2017 USF Downtown San Francisco Campus Applications received after the final deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Have questions? Please contact email@example.com set up an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
We welcome students from around the world to theFull-TimeMNA program. We are unable to admit any F-1-seeking international students to ourPart-TimeMNA program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2017