The Master of Medical Biotechnology is a professional program offered by the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and provides students with a solid foundation of the theoretical concepts and practical industrially-applicable laboratory technique experiences used in medical biotechnology industries. In addition, students will also receive training in business plan development and product commercialization.
The skills and knowledge taught in this program will allow you to develop a successful career in biotech entrepreneurship, medical and pharmaceutical materials characterization, medical diagnostics or biotechnology product development/monitoring. In addition, the Master of Medical Biotechnology program can be a route for career advancement if you are currently employed in biotechnology and/or related medical and pharmaceutical industries.
You will study and live in Canada for approximately 16 consecutive months while enrolled in 10 prescribed courses. The courses will have multi-disciplinary relevance and provide the practical knowledge required to excel in the complex environment of Medical Biotechnology.
Courses may include:
- Protein Structure and Function
- Proteomics and Biological Mass Spectrometry
- Drugs: From Discovery to Market
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Lipids and Membranes
- Human Physiology and Mechanisms of Disease
- Biotechnology Laboratory
- Biotechnology Entrepreneurship
- Finance in a Global Perspective or Business Strategy
Prior to the start of the academic program, you may be required to attend six weeks of intensive English language training (English and Academic Preparation Program). This program is designed to develop your English language skills in an academic environment and learn more about Canadian culture. Some students may be exempt from the English language course if they demonstrate exceptional English language skills and have exceeded the admission requirements.
This school offers programs in:
- A four-year or Honours Bachelor-level degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or accepted equivalent from an academic institution approved by the University of Windsor
- The equivalent of a B Average or higher in undergraduate studies (when converted to Ontario standards)
- Demonstrated English proficiency by meeting or exceeding a 6.5 score in the IELTS test or approved equivalent
- A successful interview with a representative from the University of Windsor
- Two letters of reference
Enrolment is limited. Preference will be given to candidates who exceed the above minimum requirements and those who have relevant work experience.
We have English programming available if you need extra training prior to entry into the academic program or have received lower than a 6.5 on the IELTS (or equivalent).