What is the purpose of this study programme?
To prepare high qualification graduates with deep comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in mechatronics including mechanical engineering, information technologies, mechatronic systems and mathematical modelling. To prepare specialists with analytical, modelling and projection skills in manufacturing and process management of mechatronic systems with their parameters optimization as well as the specialists having mechatronic problem solving skills applicable to research. To provide students with the knowledge which is required to accomplish not only the tasks of projecting, researching and performing technologic-manufacturing jobs, but also needful for executing the expert-consultative or supervisory functions in the mechatronic companies and organizations.
What will students learn?
- About implementation of contemporary modern technologies in mechatronics and in design of industrial equipments and robots.
- Critical, constructive and creative thinking, to analyze and evaluate mechatronic and/or robotic subjects on base of qualitative, quantitative indicators, to formulate conclusions and to solve engineering problems, argued, clear and right to convey scientific information.
- To apply theoretical knowledge and research results for product creation and innovations implementation into modern production process related with mechatronics and robotics.
- Understanding how to identify and to analyze engineering and management problems, to propose innovative means for its solution.
- Understanding how to integrate engineering and management knowledge in field of robotics and mechatronics, to achieve expected results.
- To work with the modern high-tech equipment and apply the acquired knowledge in research.
What about career opportunities after MSc studies?
Persons with the Master of Mechatronics qualification degree are able to manage the modern and innovative production company, to create and to implement process or product innovations in the industrial enterprises, to develop and manage innovative business, to fulfill scientific research. Graduates can obtain appropriate job position after graduation not only in Lithuania but also abroad. After the graduation it is possible to further studies in doctoral programmes.
Best students get an opportunity to obtain a double degree in the Braunschweig University of Technology (one year in VGTU and one year in BTU).
This school offers programs in: