Master of Mechanical Engineering
The Master’s program offered by the School of Mechanical Engineering (ME) aims to help the students to gain knowledge and skills in a selected mechanical engineering field that matches their interest, and to build solid foundation for a successful career as professional mechanical engineer or pursuing higher academic degree program. In this program, the students will develop their analyzing, designing and experimental abilities through courses, labs, project studies, and independent researches.
2. Length of study
The full-time scheme of the program lasts for two years, consisting of one-year course study and one-year project research completed with the submission of thesis. The duration can be extended to three years after approval of application.
3. Program description
Each student will be supervised by a faculty member, who helps to make an education plan for the individual student at the beginning of first semester according to her or his research interests. Firstly, a variety of classroom subjects are available to the students including Chinese culture, advanced mathematics, and fundamental courses; secondly, more specialized courses and laboratory units are introduced for the students to learn the up-to-date knowledge in the interested fields and useful techniques for the further research work. Thirdly, each student enters the research group in the second year and carries out research work under the supervision of the selected supervisor. In the end, the student completes his or her thesis and applies for a degree of Master.
The Master’s program must be well balanced, emphasizing on one or more theoretical or experimental aspects of mechanical engineering. At least 32 credits are required to get the Master degree.
A satisfactory thesis is required for applying for a Master’s degree. The thesis will be based on an individual or team-working research project in which each student has defined role and responsibility. The project leading to the thesis enables the students to combine course studies with practical experience by solving engineering problems.
- Under 40 years of age, & with good health status.
- Valid ordinary passport.
- At least an undergraduate diploma and bachelor’s degree.
March 15th to July 31st (every year).
Students are required to accomplish the course credits and complete their mandatory training within 2-3 years. In accordance to the regulations of the Degree Awarding Committee, successful candidates will receive a graduate certificate along with the master's degree.
- XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Notarized copies of highest academic degree or undergraduate diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English.
- Notarized copies of undergraduate academic transcripts, including courses taken and scores obtained.
- Notarized copies of extra-curricular achievement (if any).
- Notarized copy of your HSK result or English language proficiency test results.
- Two recommendation letters from professor or associate professor or higher academic authority at the applicant’s parent institution. (original copies)
- Two photocopies of your valid passport (Passport type must be ordinary), and two recent passport size photographs.
- An application fee of RMB500 (non-refundable).
*Note: The application materials will not be returned disregard to successful admission or not. Certificates other than in Chinese or English language must be translated to Chinese or English by a legitimate notary authority.
After examining the application, the admission office will make a decision on admission notification. The successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa application form), a health examination form and a guide form to the campus. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
*Usually the students are required to report at the admission office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the new term will be regarded as forfeiting the admission.
- Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable).
- Tuition fee: 30,000 RMB/YEAR.
- Health insurance: RMB600 per year.
- Accommodation fee (Grade One Single: RMB80/day, other options available)
*Note: The rooms are provided with attached bathroom, telephone set, TV set, air conditioner, central heating, study desk, chair, wardrobe, bed and bedding, and an internet access socket. The grading for building type is based on total surface area and added accessories. There is a common kitchen on every floor, provided with an electric stove and a washing machine.
Program taught in: